White Rock Recreation and Culture spring/summer registration begins online (www.whiterockcity.ca/register) on Tuesday, March 3 at 1 p.m.
In person/phone registration begins on Wednesday, March 4 at 8:30 a.m. Check out the Recreation and Culture Guide online for all the exciting programs, workshops and classes you can sign up for. Watch for an email on how to create your account in our new registration system or call or visit one of our recreation centres for information and assistance on setting up your account.
• Many fabulous excursions have been planned for the spring. This spring we are offering a separate registration date just for excursions so staff can offer you the best assistance possible to sign up for trips using our new registration system. Thursday, March 12 at 9 a.m. will be online registration and in person/by phone will start at 1 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Do you feel stressed all the time? Do you experience irritability, nervousness, low self-esteem, aggression or lack of concentration? Bach Flower Remedies is a natural system of healing that helps to gently restore emotional balance. Join Heike Walker on Wednesday, March 4, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living and discover how to identify remedies that are relevant for you to make your own personal blend. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you enjoy a game of cards and are looking to meet up with some new friends, you are in luck. Drop down to the Kent Street Activity Centre and join the cribbage, bid whist and canasta group that meets every Thursday from 1-3:15 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 for more information. Remember that you can try out the centre’s many activity groups three times before purchasing a Kent Street Activity Centre membership.
• Join the amazing staff and volunteers at A Rocha Heritage Farm for a creative cooking workshop. The cost is only $10 per person or $5 if you have a Kent Street Activity Centre membership. Discover how to harvest fresh ingredients for your meals, learn how to use seasonal produce, make healthy substitutions and try out new cooking techniques. On Wednesday, March 11, learn about Foraging for Healthy Meals. Transportation is included from the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register. This workshop is funded by the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Healthy Community Grant.
• Mark Wednesday, March 4 on your calendar as the day to register for Kent Street Seniors Society’s Spring Bridge Tournament, to be held on Friday, March 27. Register with a partner and enjoy an afternoon of contract bridge. Sign up at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park offices, or phone 604-541-2199. No tickets at the door.
• Drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre tonight for the Wednesday night dance in the auditorium. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. This week, Swing City will be on stage from 7-10 p.m. Everyone 50+ is welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to persons 55 years of age or better. Call 604-541-2231.