The White Rock Community Centre will be the place to be on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Space is filling up fast for a health and wellness fair, For the Health of It.
Listen and interact with engaging speakers. Community resources will be there to answer your questions, plus there will be lots of prize draws and a free lunch. Some of the highlights include Active Try It sessions, so make sure to wear comfortable clothing to participate in Movement for Fitness, Osteofit for Men and Women and Chair Zumba. To register, call 604-541-8653.
• Kent Street Activity Centre is brimming with opportunities to meet people and participate in fun activities.
If you are looking for something to keep you busy as we head into the cooler months, why not come to the centre on Wednesdays from 1-3 p.m. for Fun Bridge?
Make new friends in this social group while enjoying this game of strategy in a non-competitive environment.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information or pick up a guest pass that will let you try out an activity three times before purchasing a membership. Remember, a Recreation and Culture membership is only $20 for the remainder of the year.
• Kent Street Activity Centre will be offering an introductory poetry course on Thursday evenings, 7-9 p.m. beginning Sept. 26. Discover how to create poems that engage the senses and imagination. No experience necessary for this course – just curiosity and an eager writing hand. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Introduction to the Emotional Freedom Technique is once again being offered at the Kent Street Activity Centre, on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 10 a.m. to noon.
This workshop will teach you a safe, non-invasive way of managing the emotional energy that runs our lives. EFT/Tapping is one of the handiest life tools you will ever acquire. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you taking a class at the Centre for Active Living or do you want to park your car at Centennial Arena while you enjoy one of our fabulous excursions?
Did you know that you can purchase a parking decal for only $16 plus tax for the year? Purchase your decal at any White Rock Recreation Centre.
• Wake up to Sunrise Yoga at the Kent Street Activity Centre; a class for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
The focus of the class will be on proper alignment, breath connection and mindfulness.
Learn how to reduce stress, increase energy, stretch and strengthen your muscles and breathe more freely and fully. This 12-session program begins Sept. 12, 8-9 a.m.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Did you know that the Kent Street Activity Centre hosts dances every Wednesday night in the auditorium?
Bring a friend or come on your own for a night of social dancing to the great sounds of a variety of bands.
Tonight, Cheek to Cheek will be on stage.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with social dancing from 7-10 p.m. Only $8, or pay $6 if you have a membership.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.