Registration is now open for all White Rock Recreation and Culture spring programs and activities. Check out the guide on line at whiterockcity.ca/register and discover all the amazing things you can do.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop is excited to welcome you back for both sit down and take-out food service.
The coffee shop is open 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and offers a wonderful selection of homemade cuisine, including sandwiches, soups, baked goods and hot weekly specials.
The kitchen is currently in need of volunteers to help with a variety of tasks including meal preparation, cooking, cleaning and counter service.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please pick up a volunteer form from the Kent Street Activity Centre or call 604-541-2199.
• Diana Consell will be offering a second Sewing Workshop at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Saturday, March 26.
Make a simple T-shirt while learning to use digital patterns by BurdaStyle. Topics include how to print and use digital sewing patterns, pattern layout on fabric, facings and interfacing, special handling of knit fabrics and more. Participants must be comfortable with their machines and have some previous sewing experience.
Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register.
• The Kent Street Centre’s carpet bowling activity group meets Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. to noon and welcomes new members to drop in and play a game or two. If you haven’t purchased a membership with the Kent Street Activity Centre, give us a call and find out how you can try out any activity group, including carpet bowling, three times before purchasing membership. Please call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Are you feeling isolated, anxious, low mood? Join Dr. Gordon Wallace, a retired psychologist and explore an introduction to mindful meditation and experience the benefits that staying in the present moment can bring. Call 604-541-2199 to register for this workshop on Monday, March 28, 10 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
• Start you day with your head held high and your heart open. Practise living with gratitude and embodying it with chair yoga and a morning mediation practice to set your intentions for the day. This 12-week program begins on Thursday, April 14 at 9:15 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Connect with others on a weekly walk and talk. Enjoy the company of others as you walk at a leisurely pace, spending the afternoon exploring parks and trails in the community.
Led by an experienced and first aid certified outdoor leader. Walks begin on Wednesday, March 30, 1-4 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.