The White Rock Community Centre is now open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for customer service.
Remember that the cardio gym in the centre continues to be open through the summer. Come and workout in a cool, air-conditioned, friendly setting. Pre-register to book your one-hour daytime workout Monday to Friday. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• You still have time to sign up for a free Zoom Zumba Gold class today, Thursday (July 29), 1-2:30 p.m. Join Zumba instructor Mary Lou Rust for an enjoyable, fun afternoon from the comfort of your own home. Mary Lou will be introducing some new features to her workshop, including how to move your hips for Latin dancing, the basic steps of the Merengue and how to shimmy, Zumba-style. The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and the City of White Rock are continuing to host free Zoom Zumba Gold workshops over the next couple of months. This is a perfect, safe and fun exercise class for older adults. Register now for this popular event by calling 604-531-9400, ext.219, or email email@example.com
• Don’t forget that Mary Lou continues to offer Zumba Gold classes in the parking lot of the Centennial Park ball diamond every Wednesday/Friday morning at 9 a.m. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Looking for a fun activity to do outside? Drop down to the outdoor table tennis table at the Kent Street Activity Centre for an active game or two on the centre’s new outdoor table. Don’t forget to bring a paddle and ball!
• This summer, be sure to visit Generations Playground in Centennial Park (14600 North Bluff Rd.). Check out this all-inclusive kaleidoscope of outdoor fun and fitness for people of all ages and abilities. While you are at Centennial Park, take a stroll through Eva Bene Butterfly Garden or challenge yourself with a walk through Duprez ravine. The City of White Rock offers more than 80 acres of parks and trails to enjoy and explore. Visit www.whiterockcity.ca/parks for more ideas.
• Sidewalking Arts Spectacular will be held on July 31, and Aug. 7, 14, 21 and 28, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Enjoy street art and performances while walking White Rock’s Uptown and Five Corners. This event is presented by White Rock BIA. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/calendar for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19