Registration is open now for some amazing new summer excursions. Register in person at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre, or call 604-541-2199. Register online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register and check out the new summer excursion guide as well.
• A perfect way to enjoy a Saturday is to join either a Pace 1 or Pace 2 hike. Pace 1 hikes are an average of four hours of hiking, 10-15 kilometres and an elevation gain of less than 300 metres. Pace 2 hikes are four to five hours at a faster pace, up to 20 kilometres and with an elevation gain up to 800m.
The next hike is Saturday, May 25. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Have you had a chance to check out the new Generations Playground at Centennial Park?
A great way to do that is to sign up for a free drop-in fitness class where you can learn to use the fitness equipment and have a fun workout at the same time. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up.
• Have you heard of EFT/Tapping? It is one of the handiest life tools you will ever acquire. The Emotional Freedom Technique is a safe, non-invasive way of managing the emotional energy that runs our lives and sometimes brings us down in uncomfortable ways. Join Christina Amala Hayes on Monday May 27, 7-9 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre for this informative workshop. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Feel like learning something new? What about a stained-glass workshop where you can learn to make a simple six-inch-tall sun-catcher using the copper-foil method? Participants will learn how to cut glass, use a glass grinder and how to solder.
Kent Street Activity Centre will be offering this workshop on Saturday, June 1, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 to register. Limited space is available.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings from 7-10 p.m. for all those 50+ who enjoy social dancing to live music. On stage this week is Greg Hampson. Purchase tickets at the door for only $6 members/$8 non-members. Refreshments served midway.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities call the Centre at 604-541-2231.