With the weather outside getting chillier, White Rock Recreation and Culture wants to get you moving and active from the comfort and safety of your own home with eight fitness and yoga videos.
Led by our certified instructors, the classes require minimal equipment, are 30 minutes long, and include Zumba Gold, Yoga for Seniors, Stretch and Strength and more. All videos can be viewed at www.whiterockcity.ca/onlinerecreation
• If you prefer to be active with others, why not workout for one hour in one of our cardio gyms? Daytime hours are available at the White Rock Community Centre and evening hours at the Centre for Active Living.
Strict COVID-19 guidelines are in place at both locations, including enhanced cleaning and spacing protocols so you can ensure your workout is safe. Your cardio session can be booked seven days in advance by calling 604-541-2199 or book online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Yoga for Stiff Guys is a full-spectrum class with a focus on improving flexibility, circulation, balance and strength. Some space is still available in the Monday class at 11 a.m. and the Friday class at 12:45 p.m.
Both classes are held at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you find it difficult to get enough sleep? A workshop presented by the Senior’s Health and Wellness Institute on Wednesday, Feb. 10 will explore the reasons and the remedies for poor sleep, plus provide information about lifestyle changes that can help. There is no cost for this Zoom workshop, but pre-registration is required by calling 604-541-2199.
• Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Seniors are designed with the older adult in mind. Both these classes are taught by Melanie Henderson and involve gentle stretching, body awareness, proper breathing techniques and deep relaxation to allow the body and mind to come alive with vitality and renewed energy.
A few spot are available in both classes. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• It is important that we continue to stay connected while safely apart. The City of White Rock wants you to stay in touch and keep connected. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/connect for a selection of online events, activities and resources available to our community.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 updates visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19