If you enjoy card games, drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre and join the cribbage, bid whist and canasta group that meets every Thursday from 1-3:15 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 for more information. Remember that you can try out the Centre’s many activity groups three times before purchasing a Kent Street Activity Centre membership.
• Pick up the grandchildren and head over to the Centennial Arena to participate in the holiday break skates every day from Dec. 21 to Jan. 5. Enjoy fun daily themes and entertainment. Family Skate is 12:30-2:30 p.m. Family Stick & Puck is 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 for more skating information.
• Jump in our 24-passenger mini-bus and head to the YMCA in Surrey to enjoy “Gentle Joints,” a warm-water fitness class that combines body movements, stretches and exercises in a friendly social atmosphere.
The YMCA even has a movable floor for easy entry. Transportation is provided for this 13-week program beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 7. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Why wait until the New Year? Learn how to work out ‘smart’ with your own gym routine. Sign up for the special three-session basic gym course at the Centre for Active Living. You will be ready for your New Year’s resolution to be more active. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Bring a sense of calm to your day in a sunrise yoga class.
This morning Hatha Yoga class focuses on proper alignment, breath connection and mindfulness. Sign up now for a free trial class on Thursday, Dec. 12, 8-9 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199.
•Drop in to the Kent Street Coffee Shop before Dec. 20 and enjoy a Christmas goodie or two, or pick up a frozen meal to have over the Christmas season. Coffee shop hours are 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Join us for three cooking workshops at A Rocha’s Heritage Farm. Harvest fresh ingredients for your meals, and learn how to use seasonable produce and make healthy substitutions. Jan. 22 is Pickling up a Storm, Feb. 12 is Healthy Oils and March 11 is Foraging for Healthy Meals. Transportation, snack and tour included. These workshops are brought to you by a PAHF Healthy Community Grant.
• If you enjoy dancing to live music with friends, visit the Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are available at the door. Tonight, the music of Sweetwater will get your toes tapping. Singles and couples 50-plus welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. Call 604-541-2231.