White Rock Recreation and Culture is excited to offer an early fall session of outdoor fitness, yoga, Zumba and sports programs. Registration is open now and programs are filling up. This new session runs until the first week of October.
• A variety of classes will be offered in outdoor spaces in the community including Zumba, Body Works 50+, Fit Camp 55+, Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Walking Drills and more. Call 604-541-2199 to register or on line at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• Remember that if you are still not ready to commit to a group fitness class or prefer to exercise from the safety and comfort of your own home, then be sure to check out White Rock Recreation and Culture’s on line fitness videos. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/OnlineRecreation.
• Enjoy a walk along the White Rock promenade and check out the unique signage featuring Pacific harbour seals, blue herons and sea stars (starfish).The signs remind visitors to stay two metres apart from others while enjoying the natural beauty of White Rock’s Waterfront.
• While visiting the waterfront, be sure to stroll the Art Walk on the promenade and meet artists and view their work. Fine art displays are set up from west of the Museum along the grass on the promenade. White Rock is home to an amazing array of talent!
• The White Rock Museum & Archives is proud to present to the community the first of a series of history video quizzes.
The first White Rock History Quiz can be found on YouTube. Go to www.youtube.com and search for White Rock Museum and Archives or White Rock history quiz.
For more, please visit www.whiterockmuseum.ca or call 604-541-2221.
• Just a reminder that staff at White Rock City Hall are available to help you from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Call 604-541-2100 or visit them online. City Hall now has two ramps to provide physical distancing and has appointments available.
• Please continue to check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website https://www.whiterockcity.ca/834/Seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent Street is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is temporarily closed to the public and programs are cancelled to protect against the spread of COVID-19. For updates, visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19 or call the City of White Rock at 604-541-2100.