White Rock Recreation and Culture spring/ summer registration is now open. Register online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register. Call us at 604-541-2199 or drop into any White Rock Recreation and Culture Facility and our friendly staff can sign you up for your favourite activity, workshop or program.
Check out the Recreation and Culture Guide online for all the exciting programs offered in the upcoming season.
Are you ready to register for a spring or summer program? Create or log in to your account in our new registration system that is fast and easy to use. Visit www.whiterockcity/register or call 604-541-2199 if you need assistance.
• Many fabulous excursions are planned for the spring. Check them out at www.whiterockcity/register and then plan to register on Thursday, March 12 at 9 a.m. for online registration or 1 p.m. for in-person or phone in.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The Bach Flower Remedies is a natural system of healing that helps to gently restore emotional balance. Do you experience irritability, nervousness, low self-esteem or confusion? Find out how to identify remedies that are relevant for you to make your own personal blend on Wednesday, March 4, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre computer club invites new members to drop in on Wednesdays from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Each week there are different speakers to help members further their knowledge of computers, promote the exchange of ideas and provide learning experiences. Visit www.wrscc.ca for more information. Remember, you can try out any of the Kent Street Activity groups three times before purchasing membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Registration is open now for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Spring Bridge Tournament, to be held on Friday, March 27.
Register with a partner and enjoy an afternoon of contract bridge. Sign up at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park offices, or phone 604-541-2199. No tickets will be available at the door. Tickets are only $10.
• Learn how pharmacies are meeting the demands of the digital world with services such as a mobile app for prescriptions, free delivery of medications, increased communication and education and collaborating with health-care providers to maintain patient consistency and adherence. Sign up for this informative workshop on Thursday, March 5, 10:30 a.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• See you tonight at the Kent Street Activity Centre for a night of social dancing to the great sounds of Silver Stars on stage in the Kent Street auditorium, located at 1475 Kent St.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7-10 p.m. Open to all ages 50+, singles and couples, and includes refreshments at the break.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information, call the Centre at 604-541-2231.