The Seniors Summer Excursion & Activity Guide is now available at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre. Watch for it as well in this Friday’s edition of the Peace Arch News. Check out some amazing new trips and programs for the summer, then get ready to register on Tuesday, May 21, 7 a.m. online or 8:30 a.m. in person or by phone.
• A big thank you to the volunteers and staff that helped with income-tax preparation this year at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Volunteers prepared more than 240 income tax returns. This is an invaluable service for seniors 65-plus on limited income.
• Kent Street Activity Centre invites all Cribbage & Bid Whist players every Thursday from 1-3:15 p.m. in the auditorium. Don’t forget that newcomers are welcome to a three-visit guest pass before purchasing a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership. This friendly, social group welcomes new players each week, so don’t be shy – drop on by and check us out!
• Thank you to all of the volunteers and donors who helped with the Kent Street Society’s Plant & Bake Sale. It was a huge success! Thanks to the following businesses for generously supporting the event: Art Knapp Nursery & Garden Centre, Canadian Tire, Cedar Rim Nursery, Hunters Garden Centre, Home Depot, Pan Am Nursery Products, Potters Nursery, Rona Home Centre and West Coast Garden Centre. All proceeds go to support Kent Street Activity Centre projects.
• On Wednesday, May 29, start the day off with a visit to quaint Fort Langley. After lunch, we hit the ale trail with stops at Dead Frog Brewing and Trading Post Brewing. This fun 55-plus excursion includes tours and tastings. Call 604-541-2199 to register for one of the remaining spots on our comfortable 23-passenger mini bus.
• Please note that the Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Monday, May 20, Victoria Day, reopening on Tuesday, May 21, at 8:30 a.m.
• Kent Street Activity Centre has social dancing every Wednesday night in the auditorium from 7-10 p.m. Buy your tickets at the door (opens at 6:30 p.m.). This week, enjoy the great sounds of Alpiners.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.