The Table Tennis Activity Group at the Kent Street Activity Centre is very active and welcomes new players of all skill levels. This group meets Monday evenings and Wednesday and Saturday afternoons. Drop down for a game or two or, if you prefer, the centre also has an outdoor table for use which is a perfect choice as we head towards warmer spring weather.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop has a variety of frozen meals for sale every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Drop in to the centre and pick up some delicious, home cooked frozen meals and soup at very affordable prices that range between $6 and $9. Stay for lunch and enjoy a bowl of soup, a sandwich or some delicious baked goods at very reasonable prices. The coffee shop is open 9:30 a.m. to 1:30p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Fit Camp is a great workout designed for older adults. Build endurance and stamina in this interval training program at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Mondays at 10 a.m. Pre-register drop-in available or sign up for all 10 sessions at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• The Kent Street Players present “Life Like That,” a collection of short comedies directed by Rita Humphreys. The performances are on Saturday, May 14 or Sunday, May 15 at 2 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets are only $10. Phone 604-541-2199 to purchase a ticket or in person at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and the Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
• Bring your latest project to a Sewing Workshop at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Saturday, May 7. With help from the instructor, work through any challenges you are having with your project. Maybe you are struggling with collars or sleeves or lining up button holes? Diana willhelp you with all of that and more, plus there will be a review of finishing details for any garment as well as a chance to delve into some new skills to try for your next project. Register now for this workshop at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• Drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesday nights and dance to the sounds of a variety of live bands. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7– 9:30 p.m. For more information call 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities, call the Centre at 604-541-2231.