Table Tennis has returned to the Kent Street Activity Centre. This friendly activity group meets Mondays, 7:15-9:15 p.m. Wednesdays, 2:45-4:15 and Saturdays from 11 a.m. till 2 p.m. Please remember that proof of vaccination is required when participating in White Rock Recreation and Culture programs and activity groups, as well as masks must be worn in all public indoor spaces.
Remember, you can drop in three times and try any activity group before becoming a paid member of the Centre.
To get more details on what other activity groups have returned, call 604-541-2231 or check out the online membership activities schedule at whiterockcity.ca/seniors
• Registration is underway for all winter 2022 recreation programs and activities.
A variety of programs and activities are available to sign up for including yoga classes, beginner computer lessons, snowshoe hikes, walking programs and more.
Check out the recreation guide on line at whiterockcity.ca/register. Register on line, by phone at 604-541-2199 or drop by the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre or Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
• The White Rock Community Centre’s cardio gym has just added two adjustable weight benches and dumbbells up to 60 pounds. Sign up to drop in and enjoy a full-body workout. Call 604-541-2199 or go online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Escape the stormy winter weather outside and try a yoga drop-in program. So many yoga styles are available to choose from including Hatha Yoga, Therapeutic Yoga and Yoga for Men.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information or check out the programs online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Do you like to draw? Bring your pencil and paper and enjoy two hours of sketching with the Peninsula Sketchers on Fridays, 1-3 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
All levels are welcome. Drop in for $5 or pay $30 for 10 sessions with a Social 10 pass. For more information call 604-541-2199.
• Friday Frozen Meal Sales continue for two more weeks at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tomorrow, Dec. 10, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., pick up a variety of low cost, nutritious and delicious frozen meals.
For more information, call 604-541-2199 or check out the City of White Rock’s website at www.whiterockcity/seniors prior to the sale day to see the menu for that day.
The last day to purchase frozen meals before Christmas is Friday, Dec. 17.
• The City of White Rock is kicking off a new winter lights display at the waterfront, at Memorial Park, with a special light-up event tomorrow at 5 p.m.
Drop down and enjoy festive activities for all ages. Bright Walk in White Rock runs from Friday, Dec. 10 till Feb. 15, 2022.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome.
For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities, be sure to call the Centre at 604-541-2231.