The snooker room at the Kent Street Activity Centre is one of the busiest in the centre.
The room has four regulation-size snooker tables and is open to anyone who has a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership.
No membership yet? Drop in to the centre and try out the game of snooker three times for free before purchasing a membership. The snooker room is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday this summer, and is open to both men and women of all skill levels. For more information, call 604-541-2231.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop is closed for the summer and will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 3. However, there is some exciting news for everyone who has been enjoying frozen meals that our amazing kitchen staff and volunteers have been making.
On Thursday, July 25, the coffee shop will be open from 9-11 a.m. to sell a variety of frozen meals. Here is your chance to stock your freezers for the next couple of months. Come early for the best selection.
• There are still a few seats left on the Friday, Aug. 16 culinary tour to Steveston. Spend a day on the docks visiting food stands, exploring regional settlements and, of course, eating.
This 55-plus excursion includes a guided tour, transportation, food samples and lunch. Call 604-541-2199 to register now.
• With all the beautiful summer weather we are experiencing, be sure to check out some lively outdoor entertainment around the city. Buskers can be found throughout White Rock dancing, storytelling, singing and playing a variety of musical instruments.
For a list of busking locations in the city check out www.whiterockcity.ca
• The Kent Street Activity Centre Lunch Club will be meeting at the Morgan Creek Golf Course on Tuesday, July 30, at 11:30 a.m. Call the Centre at 604-541-2231 for the name and contact information for this month’s host.
• Body Works 50+ is a fun workout designed to improve your muscular endurance, functional strength and flexibility. Various times, days and locations available to meet your busy schedule.
Drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Monday or Wednesday mornings from 8:30-9:30 a.m., or check out the drop-in fitness schedule for other locations at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Free Drop-in Seniors Fitness class every Tuesday and Friday, 10:30 a.m., at the Generations Playground in Centennial Park. Learn how to use the fitness equipment and move for life!
To sign up in advance, call 604-541-2219.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.