Five Surrey schools will take to the stage for the 2012 Surrey High School Drama Festival on Thursday.
Students will perform several one-act plays throughout the evening, adjudicated by acting professor Scott swan, with awards handed out at the end of the event. The best production will go on to represent Surrey at the Provincial High School Drama Festival at Douglas College in early May.
Participating schools are:
• Kwantlen Park Secondary, presenting Chester, You Owe My Bird an Apology and Singleton, The Medal Winner;
• Semiahmoo Secondary, presenting It’s All Your Fault;
• Clayton Heights Secondary, presenting Happily Ever, a thematic title covering the plays After, Louis and Dave and A Midnight Clear;
• Enver Creek Secondary, presenting S.P.A.R.;
• North Surrey Secondary, presenting Hard Candy and It’s Not You, It’s Me.
The festival takes place Jan. 12, 5:30-10 p.m. at Kwantlen Park Secondary theatre, 10441 132 St. Tickets ($5 for adults and $2 for students) are available at the door.