In the spirit of the season, we’re accepting non-perishable food donations for the food bank.
In Crescent Beach, we’re collecting at the Camp Alex office, at Joyce Mason Daycare on McBride and at the Beachhouse Daycare on Sullivan. We also have collection boxes at the Kensington Prairie Daycare in Morgan Crossing and at our Vine Avenue Youth and Family Centre in White Rock.
• Alex House has a new website, with a new look and style and lots of useful features.
You can now register for programs online, look at program and event calendars, contribute comments to the blog and, if you’re interested in facility rentals, check availability and dates.
Please have a look: www.alexhouse.net
• Join us Wednesday, Dec. 19 for a day trip to charming Burnaby Village Museum, which is decorated for a heritage Christmas.
Spend some time exploring the village, then enjoy a delicious lunch with dessert and coffee at the Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour.
We’ll leave Alex House at 11:30 a.m. and arrive back approximately 3:30 p.m. Cost is $30 perperson, which includes travel, museum entrance, full lunch and dessert.
Call Jenn at 604-535-0015 ext 237 or email email@example.com for information and registration, or just register on our website.
• Thank you to the 144 neighbours who took the time to complete our 2012 Community Evaluation survey – an amazing response.
Now it’s time to help your community make its New Year’s resolutions.
Please join us Tuesday, Jan. 15, 5:30-8:30 p.m. in the dining hall for an open house and potluck to explore ideas gleaned from the survey. Program information will be provided.
Please bring a vegetarian dish or dessert to share.
RSVP your attendance by Friday, Jan11 to 604-535-0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Think of Alexandra Neighbourhood House as you consider your year end donations.
You can designate your donation to a specific program or project, or we will apply it where it’s most needed. Charitable donation tax receipts are issued for all donations of $25 or more.
• Just a reminder that the Alex House office will be closed at 4 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 17, then will be closed for the holidays from Friday, Dec. 21 to Wednesday, Jan. 3.
Donni Klassen is program and communications director at Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information on programs/services at Camp Alexandra, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.alexhouse.net