Did you know that regular exercise helps reduce the pain and limitations associated with arthritis and improves quality of life?
In the Joint Works- Arthritis Exercise Program you will be led in a series of progressive exercises that will improve your mobility and increase muscle, ligament and bone strength.
This 24-session program starts Tuesday, Sept. 20. Call today to register, 604-541-2199.
n Join the Mini Coach day trip to our Planes and Trains Tour at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, one of the largest air and space museums in the world.
After, you will hop aboard the Amtrak train in Seattle and take in the views of Washington State as you travel north to Bellingham.
Call today to register for this Sept. 19 day trip, 604-541-2231.
• Enjoy a day in the country, with our Agassiz Adventure Excursion.
Take a guided tour of the Agassiz-Harrison Museum and learn how it has evolved from a CPR station. Indulge in Greek cuisine, then take a walk in an orchard and discover everything you ever wanted to know about hazelnuts.
Call for more details and to register, 604-541-2133.
• Women-only Middle Eastern Dance for seniors builds flexibility, enhances cardiovascular fitness, improves posture, and promotes self-esteem in eight gentle-paced, fun-filled sessions.
Call to register in this lively group 604.541.2199.
• Members-only Computer Lessons include informative courses on Internet Browsing, Understanding Email and Introduction to Computers.
More courses can be found on page 39 of the Leisure Guide.
These courses are taught by Kent Street Centre volunteer instructors and fill up fast. White Rock Leisure membership is a prerequisite, half-price membership fees are now in effect.
• Osteofit Level 1 can help to reduce the rate of bone loss, strengthen muscles and improve balance thereby reducing the risk of falls and fractures.
Osteofit for Life offers a safe and effective ongoing exercise program designed for those with osteoporosis. Both programs offer education and information about osteoporosis prevention and treatment.
Call for more details and to register, 604-541-2199.
• Enjoy the sounds of Good Vibrations live on stage this week at Kent Street’s Wednesday night dance.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Refreshments served midway.
Open to all 50+ dancers, both couples and singles are welcome.
• How’s your blood-pressure level?
Don’t know? Come and find out at our free blood-pressure check.
A volunteer community nurse will be at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Monday, Sept. 19 at 10:30 a.m.
This free service is open to all 55 and better. No appointment required.
• Painters alert… Abstract Acrylics, Chinese Brush Painting, and Open Studio for oil or acrylic painting are all offered starting this September.
Check the Fall Leisure Guide for class descriptions and call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Kent Street Free Hearing Test date correction: please note that the hearing test will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 10:30 a.m.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.