Don’t miss the Annual Tour de White Rock coming up July 15-17.
There are many great vantage points to watch the excitement as world-class cyclists compete in our own backyard.
The Friday night Hill Climb, Saturday afternoon Criterium circuit and Sunday morning waterfront Road Race are sure to thrill any spectator.
Visit www.TourdeWhiteRock.ca for more information.
• The Kent Street carpet bowlers continue through the summer and invite you to join the fun and friendship of this skill testing activity.
Carpet bowling meets Wednesday and Fridays, 10 a.m. till noon. New players are welcome.
• The snooker room is open during the summer as well – from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday – so you can always come by for a friendly game.
Tuesday mornings is reserved for ladies in the snooker room.
• How does a relaxing warm water swim and hot tub with your friends at the Tong Louie YMCA sound?
Or enjoy a combination of water stretches and exercises in a friendly, social atmosphere in the Gentle Joints Swim Program.
Classes begin July 15 and include minibus transportation and admission.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information or to register.
• Please note that the Fresh and Lively Luncheons are now finished on Fridays for the summer months. They will resume again Sep. 16.
• Do you eat to fight boredom, stress, loneliness or a negative mood? The upcoming workshop at the White Rock Community Centre on Mindful Eating provides an opportunity to develop healthy eating habits for care of the body and mind.
This class will be held outside, weather permitting, on July 16 at 9:30 a.m. For more information, call the Centre.
• Visit the White Rock Community Centre Gallery between now and Sep. 1 to view the seventh Art on Display Exhibition. This installment is presented by the Crescent Beach Photography Club and is entitled Lightscape.
The Art on Display program is a partnership between the Semiahmoo Arts and the City of White Rock.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.