No one can be all things to all people, but at Alexandra Neighbourhood House, we come pretty close.
Our programs and services touch people of all ages, all abilities and all cultures, and we are a flexible organization, responding to community need and encouraging people to take leadership roles in determining and providing community programming.
Since 1894, through a constantly changing landscape, Alexandra Neighbourhood House has been building healthy families and fostering diversity in a safe, scenic and vibrant community.
• A group of enthusiastic, knowledgeable and creative older adults has been gathering to share ideas for upcoming projects and initiatives that will result in meaningful opportunities for older adults to engage, learn and contribute to their community.
So far, the primary focus areas are the arts, cultural and intergenerational exchange, and health and wellness. If you have ideas, there’s always room for one more. Call Jenn at 604-535-0015 ext 236.
• Dads are very important people in their children’s lives.
Daddy and Me – a sing-song and circle time – will gives dads an opportunity to learn and have fun with their children ages zero to four years.
Six sessions/$30. For more information, call 604-535-0015 ext 229.
• Youth CORE (Community-Opportunities-Recreation-Experiences) is open to teens in Grades 8-12 and is a safe, fun place to be Thursdays 4-6 p.m.
Activities include games, movies, outings and some volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
For more, contact Jon or Daylene at 604-538-5060 ext 25.
• Girlfriends Group is a friendship group for girls in grades 2-4 designed to encourage positive social/emotional skills while identifying and exploring the value of friendship.
Tuesdays – Nov. 1 to Dec. 6 – 3:30-5 p.m. $30.
Call Cindi at 604-538-5060 ext 23 for more information.
• Kids ages 6-12 are invited to join us for Creepy Cooking & Crafts, an afternoon of fun before All Hallow’s Eve.
Creepy crafts, ghostly games and frightening food are all on the agenda. Thursday, Oct 27, 3:30-5:30 p.m. $12. Call 604-535-0015 to register. And on Thursday Dec. 8, join us for Holiday Cooking & Crafts too!
• Vine Youth Wellness Drop-In provides medical services Mondays (except stat holidays) and the fourth Wednesday of every month, 3:30-6:30 p.m. at our Child, Youth and Family Centre at 15455 Vine Avenue in White Rock.
Physicians and youth workers are available to meet with youth.
Call 604-538-5060 ext. 21.
Donni Klassen is program and communications director at Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information on programs/services at Camp Alexandra, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.campalex.com