Get your tickets for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Bridge Luncheon, Tuesday, Oct. 30.
This is a lovely lunch, followed by an afternoon of contract bridge.
Register with a partner. Tickets are available at Kent Street office for $15 per person. No tickets at the door. You can’t help but be a winner with both treats – door prizes – and tricks in your hand.
• Get out your dancing shoes for the tunes of Cheek to Cheek on stage tomorrow in the Kent Street auditorium.
Located at 1475 Kent St., doors open at 7 p.m. with social dancing 7:30-10:30.
Members $5/non-members $6, and includes delicious snacks during the break. Dancers 50-plus, solos and couples are welcome.
• Assess your driving skills and habits in the Mature Driving Workshops.
Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. The next free workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 23 and will be held at the White Rock Community Centre, co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing and BCAA. Call to reserve your spot, 604-541-2199.
• Pull up a chair and join Maggie Rodgers for a colorful and entertaining travel presentation of the Emerald Isle.
This two-session talk on Ireland is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 1 and 8, from 1:30-3 p.m. at White Rock Community Centre.
The cost is only $10 and refreshments are included. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Kent Street Bingo group is looking for a volunteer treasurer for the BINGO Activity Group. No experience is necessary – training will gladly be provided, to start immediately. If you can help this group, call 604-541-2231.
• Now there are even more opportunities to exercise indoors on state-of-the-art cardio equipment.
White Rock Leisure Services has increased the number of ‘open gym’ times to the new Cardio Gym at the Centre for Active Living. Come in to any of the recreation centres in White Rock and pick up a schedule that explains where to purchase a photo drop-in pass and how to reload the pass online. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Did you know that to play contract bridge – Sundays 1-4 p.m. at Kent Street Activity Centre and Tuesdays 1-3:30 p.m. at White Rock Community Centre – you do not need a partner? So why not come out and play some hands?
• It’s never too late to learn to curl.
Join this Adult 4 lesson course starting Sunday, Oct. 21, 1-3 p.m., at Peace Arch Curling Rink. Sweeping, throwing a rock and bonspiel will all be new terms that you will learn and love. Registration is required and the course fees are only $69/$63m –all equipment provided, Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• In Nutrition & Arthritis you will learn how the food you eat affects your arthritis.
Get advice on the most sensible diet to follow and answers to the most common questions people ask about food and arthritis. As well, learn about the services available to you through the Arthritis Society.
This two-hour class meets at the Centre for Active Living on Oct. 30 at 1 p.m. No charge for WRLS members; $5 for non-members. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.