Get your tickets for the Kent Street Senior Society’s Bridge Luncheon scheduled for Friday, Oct. 31.
This is a lovely lunch followed by an afternoon of contract bridge. Advance tickets are available at Kent Street, White Rock Community Centre and the Centennial Park Leisure Centre. You can’t help but be a winner with both treats – door prizes – and tricks in your hand! Please register with a partner; tickets will not be available at the door.
• Celebrate this Halloween, Oct. 31 at the 7 p.m. Zumba Dance Party.
Come to the Kent Street auditorium in costume and get fit dancing to some great music with friends. Pre-register at 604-541-2199.
• What makes a photograph great? What makes it stand out?
Get the answers by joining the photography class held at the White Rock Community Centre, Nov. 1 at 9:30 a.m.
Using examples from professionals and amateurs, the instructor will discuss elements such as light, composition and the technical expertise it takes to make a good photograph. Call 604-541-2199 to take part.
• With the Community Theatre Arts group, you will learn acting techniques from film and stage director Monika Marko.
Create your character and be part of a play in this fun and relaxed atmosphere. No experience necessary. Group meetings are 7-9 p.m. on Wednesdays at Kent Street Activity Centre.
• If you suffer from type 2 diabetes or are at risk of getting diabetes, it’s important to exercise and eat well.
Not sure where to start? Sign up for the Fit with Diabetes course, conducted by Fraser Health professionals.
Come prepared to participate in this interactive class at the Centre for Active Living on Nov. 7.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Fight the rainy season exercise blues at Centennial Arena every Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the weekly Silver Blades skate. Slide and glide with a loved one or friend to some great tunes.
Schedule a day with family; bring the kids and grandkids for a family skate Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. or Sundays at 2:30 p.m. Skates and helmets are available for rent.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.