See you at the waterfront for White Rock’s annual Canada Day celebration.
Bring your grandkids down for a fun day of free activities at the East Beach Kids Zone from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the popular sandcastle competition beginning at noon.
West Beach will be buzzing with live music, including a grand finale fireworks display at dusk.
For more information, visit www.whiterockcity.ca
• The Cribbage and Bid Whist group meets Thursdays from 1-3:15 p.m. all summer long at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
As well, the snooker room is open during regular centre hours.
Kent Street activity groups such as these welcome beginners and experts alike. A White Rock Recreation and Culture membership required.
If you are new to the area (or new to being 55), pick up a guest pass from the front desk and enjoy a free visit three times before getting a membership.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• A few seats are still available on the Wednesday July 20 excursion to Theatre Under the Stars – Beauty and the Beast performance in Stanley Park.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this fabulous excursion.
• What are you doing July 16 or 17?
The 37th annual Tour de White Rock bike race is looking for volunteers to be road marshals for the event.
You will receive training and support, plus snacks, refreshments and, of course, a tour T-shirt.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The City of White Rock is developing a new Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
The plan includes a review of all parks, recreation facilities, trails and open space providing direction for future upgrades, improvements and new facilities.
We would like to get your feedback and comments through a short survey that can be found on the city’s engagement platform, TalkWhiteRock.
Visit www.whiterockcity.ca for more information.
• The Kent Street Players present Lunch Ladies at the L’Ambrosia Luncheria – a comedy by Pamela Loyd, plus Not My Cup of Tea – a comedy by Albert Groff – on Saturday, July 9 at 2 p.m. at Kent Street Activity Centre.
Admission is by donation. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• A community celebration to thank everyone who provided assistance to the Ocean Ridge fire evacuees is being held on Wednesday, June 29 from 4-7 p.m. in the rear parking lot at the Star of the Sea Hall (corner of Royal and Fir) in White Rock.
Welcoming remarks will be at 5 p.m. Food and refreshments will be available.
Everyone is welcome to come and celebrate the support, compassion and caring of our community.
• There is still room in the summer Drawing in Colour class with Catherine Robertson at White Rock Community Centre.
Choose your medium – coloured pencil, ink, water colour, acrylic or a combination.
This playful, relaxed class is held on Monday, July 4, 9:30a.m. till noon. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Friday, July 1. Happy Canada Day!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For more, call 604-541-2231.