Spend a night out at the Kent Street Activity Centre enjoying the tunes of G7 at this week’s Wednesday night dance.
Tickets at the door are $6 for members and $7 for non-members. Singles 50+ welcome, doors open at 7 p.m, with social dancing 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Registration is underway for all winter 2017 programs.
Pick up a copy of the winter guide at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and the Centennial Park Leisure Centre, or go online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Fit Camp 55+ is offering a free trial class on Friday, Dec. 16, 10:15-11:15 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Build stamina and endurance in this interval training camp designed for the fit, older adult.
Pre-registration is required; call 604-541-2199.
• Why wait until the new year to get started on a new you? Movement for Fitness is a gentle exercise program that includes cardio, strength training, and no floor work. Exercises can be done seated. Classes are offered on Mondays, Dec. 12 and 19 at 1:15 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Register, 604-541-2199.
• Ribbon Fit is a fun, new exercise program that anyone can learn.
Improve your posture and embody the grace that comes with using a ribbon.
Two free trial classes are being offered on Saturday, Jan. 14, 1:30-2:30 p.m.. at the White Rock Community Centre, and Monday. Jan. 16, 11 a.m. until noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Pre-registration required by calling 604-541-2199.
• Are you a music lover or entertainment enjoyer?
Kent Street Activity Centre is offering a Joy of Music program beginning Wednesday, Jan. 18, 11 a.m. until noon.
This fun program incorporates music listening, singing, socializing and a discussion about music. A variety of musical genres and styles will be presented every week.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this six-session program.
• Drop into the White Rock Museum and Archives Christmas Craft Fair on the promenade until Dec. 22.
Find a wonderful selection of Christmas gifts.
Open daily from 11 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Call 604-541-2221.
• December is drop-in month for Stretch and Strength.
This one-hour fitness class will strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.
Purchase a Stretch & Strength flex pass for the month for just $34 adults/$28 seniors 65-plus.
Times are Mondays 8:30 a.m., Kent Street Activity Centre; Tuesdays 9 a.m. or 10:15 a.m., White Rock Community Centre; Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. Kent Street Centre; Thursdays 9 a.m. or 10:15 a.m., White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.