Fraser Health is offering flu clinics for seniors 65+ and those with chronic health conditions.
Drop in at Centennial Park Leisure Centre (14600 North Bluff Rd.) on Monday, Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
No appointment required; bring your BC Care Card.
• Head out for a day trip on Nov. 16 to the Pacific Coliseum and cheer on the Vancouver Giants as they challenge the Tri-City Americans from Washington.
Enjoy the action of a fast-paced hockey game with friends. Trip includes mini-bus transportation and game admission. Call 604-541-2199 to register and embrace the approaching winter months in a truly Canadian way.
• Fraud is a criminal offence that is committed often these days.
Learn how to protect yourself from the most common forms of it at the free Fraud Smart workshop scheduled for Nov. 14 at the White Rock Community Centre.
Presented by White Rock Community Policing/RCMP, this is sure to be an informative session. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you get pre-occupied with thoughts and stresses of the past and present?
Learn how to ease your active mind by attending our Mindful Retreat course Nov. 16 at the White Rock Community Centre.
Spend a day in total relaxation; free yourself from stress, anxiety, anger and unhappiness. Discover positive qualities within yourself and learn mindfulness practices to rest, refresh, heal and energize.
Call 604-541-2199 now to register.
• There is an ongoing debate between generations as to whether or not computers have improved our quality of life or whether they have hindered our connection to one another.
Decide for yourself by signing up for our Social Media: Educational or a Waste of Time? presentation on Nov. 20 at the WRCC. Learn the pros and cons to the advancement in technology, and whether you would like to be part of it. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you unable to attend exercise classes due to your physical limitations?
Get Up and Go 65+ has been formulated for people with balance and mobility impairments. These are safe exercise programs aimed at improving strength, balance and co-ordination, as well as functional ability, independence and quality of life. Classes begin Nov. 20 at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Reflexology promotes self-healing within the body.
It improves balance, regular functions, such as breathing, circulation and digestion, relieves stress, boosts the immune system and more. Discover the many health benefits by registering now for the Oct. 30 Improve your Health with Reflexology workshop at the Centre for Active Living.
• Eastern France is the destination on Oct. 31 and Nov. 14. Pull up a chair and join Maggie Rodgers for a colourful and entertaining travel presentation at the White Rock Community Centre. Refreshments included.
Please pre-register by calling 604-541-2199. The Nov. 28 destination will be Barcelona.
• What is the largest activity group at the Kent Street Activity Centre? That would be the Seniors Computer Club!
With approximately 190 active members – ranging from novice to veteran in skill level – this activity group draws speakers from their own members and local businesses.
There is always something to learn every Wednesday from 12:30-2:30 p.m, so sign up now.
A White Rock Leisure Services membership is required; call 604-541-2231 to register.
• The Spooks will be playing this week’s Halloween-themed dance Wednesday night at Kent Street, starting at 7:30 p.m. Get your toes tapping and free your inner ghoul! 50+ welcome; tickets at the door.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.