It’s not too early to plan for 2014.
Limited seating is still available for the Jan. 30 High Tea Cruise and Heritage Church Tour. Traditional afternoon tea on the high seas of False Creek and calm English Bay will be enjoyed on this magnificent two-hour Vancouver cruise.
Finish the afternoon visiting two of Vancouver’s iconic heritage churches: Christ Church Cathedral and Holy Rosary Cathedral. Avoid disappointment and register today – 604-541-2199.
• It’s time to put on your dancing shoes, choose from a wide variety of ballroom dance classes and get exercise while having fun.
Learn the graceful steps of the cross-step waltz, or get energized through the rumba, cha cha or jive. Acquire some cool moves with syncopations and whips in west coast swing.
There is something for everyone. Classes begin Jan. 7 at the Kent Street Activity Centre and Jan. 8 at Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
Please register with a partner. For more information, please call 604-541-2199.
• Feeling like you need a little bit of a confidence boost with your driving?
Why not sign up for the Jan. 14 Mature Driving Workshop to assess your driving skills and habits?
Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this free workshop – co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing and BCAA – held at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Are you feeling as though you need a change in your fitness routine?
How about line dancing? It’s easy and it’s fun! Beginner classes start Jan. 6 at Centennial Park Leisure Centre; routines are choreographed to popular country, Latin, and Celtic music.
Feeling intimidated to join because you are a new to it? Don’t be, because all levels are welcome, no partner necessary.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information and to register.
• Discover the joy of gentle yoga in a safe and gentle way, incorporating chair and mat postures, breathing techniques and guided meditation.
This health and wellness program is designed for older adults who have mobility or other physical challenges.
Wednesday-afternoon Chair Yoga starts Jan. 8 at 1 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199.
• There’s no need to spend the holidays alone. If you are looking to enjoy a delicious holiday meal in good company, there are dinners to attend.
The First United Church (at Buena Vista Avenue and Centre Street) will be holding their monthly drop-in community dinner on Dec. 19 at 5 p.m, (a small donation is requested to join).
There is also the Christmas Day lunch on Dec. 25 at 12:30 p.m. at the same location.
You must pre-register by calling Sources Community Resource Centre, at 604-542-4357; please contact them by Dec. 21 if you require a ride.
• On behalf of the staff at the Kent Street Activity Centre, we wish you a very happy holiday!
A friendly reminder that Kent Street Centre will be closed Dec. 21, 25, 26, 28 and Jan. 1.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.