The White Rock Recreation and Culture Winter 2017 Recreation Guide will be online Nov. 16 at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
Check out the great variety of programs and get ready to register Nov. 25 (members) and Nov. 30 (non-members) at 8:30 a.m. by phone or in person, and at 7 a.m. online.
Copies of the winter guide are available at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Arena.
• Get into the spirit of Christmas at the Kent Street Activity Centre’s very own Mistletoe Luncheon on Thursday, Dec. 8 from noon until 3 p.m.
Enjoy a delicious turkey dinner, festive entertainment and a visit from the jolly old fellow himself.
Tickets are available for purchase from the centre and are for members and their guests. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Drop in to Bingo anytime at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Tuesdays, from 1-3 p.m.
Keep your mind active by keeping your eyes peeled for the winning numbers.
Take a short break halfway through the games to enjoy light refreshments while socializing with your fellow bingo players.
Come early and enjoy a nourishing, tasty lunch at the Kent Street Coffee Shop.
New members always welcome! Memberships are on sale now for $38 or try out any Kent Street Centre activity group three times before purchasing a membership.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for all those 50+ who enjoy social dancing to live music.
On stage this week is the Silverstars.
Purchase tickets at the door for only $7 members/$6 non-members.; refreshments served midway.
• Stretch and Strength is one of the most popular exercise programs offered by White Rock Recreation and Culture.
Strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.
For the month of December, purchase an unlimited pass on sale now. Choose from any class you want and come as many times as you want for a cost of only $28 for seniors 65+.
Classes include Monday/Wednesday 8:30 a.m. at the Kent Street Centre; Tuesday/Thursday 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. and Tuesdays 3:45 p.m.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The Kent Street Chorister’s May the Peace of Christmas Fill our World concert will be held Friday, Dec. 2 at 7:30p.m. at First United Church in White Rock.
Tickets are only $15; children under 12 years old are free.
Purchase your tickets at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.