If you haven’t picked up the White Rock Winter Recreation Guide yet, look for it in the Wednesday, Dec. 30 edition of the Peace Arch News. You can also view it online, at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
There is still time to register for programs, as many classes don’t start until mid-January. Why not pursue an art endeavour, begin a new hobby, or enjoy some physical fitness in a fun and supportive environment? The opportunities are endless!
• It is not too late to purchase that perfect gift for a family member, or why not ask for one for yourself?
White Rock Recreation and Culture sells gift certificates, which can be applied to excursions, fitness classes, health and wellness workshops, computer or art classes, memberships and more. They are available for purchase at all White Rock Recreation Centres. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Mark Thursday, Feb. 11 on your calendar and plan to attend a Free TransLink compass presentation from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
The presentation includes an overview of the program, where to get Compass products, how to use the Compass Cards and tickets, and the benefits of registering your card.
Pre-registration is required by calling 604-541-2199.
• Do you know someone who is in need of some legal advice?
On Wednesday, Jan. 6 at 9:30 a.m., local lawyer Alan Benson will be at Kent Street to provide this service to low-income seniors. Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Visits at the Centre are free of charge, and the usual lawyer fees will be charged for any additional visits away from the Centre or when any legal work is done.
Please call ahead to confirm your attendance, 604-541-2231.
• Join Lorraine Ellenwood, community historian, for a unique and interesting presentation on Notable Women of Early White Rock. Call 604-541-2199 to register for this presentation, which is set for Thursday, Jan. 21, from 11a.m.- noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
• Watch for some upcoming special holiday sSkates at Centennial Arena. Drop-in hockey for those 55-plus has some additional ice times, on Dec. 21, 23 and 31, from 8:30-10 a.m. Meanwhile, Silver Blades has added Dec. 22 and 31 dates – from 10:15-11:15 a.m. – onto its schedule. For more information, call the skate information line at 604-541-2171.
• On Saturday Jan. 2, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., a Fitness And Your Health event will be held at the cardio gym at the Centre for Active Living.
The event is free to drop-in; meet the trainers, pick up healthy living programs and watch fitness-class demonstrations, which will take place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• On behalf of all the staff at the Kent Street Activity Centre, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and joyful 2016.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.