Kent Street Centre is pleased to welcome Lorraine Ellenwood, community historian for White Rock and director of the White Rock Museum and Archives, for a unique and interesting presentation on Notable Women of Early White Rock.
Please call 604-541-2199 to register for this one-hour talk on Wednesday, Sept. 30, at 11 a.m.
• White Rock Recreation and Culture is offering Minds in Motion Exercise Program at the Kent Street Centre on Mondays, 1:30-3:30 p.m. for eight weeks.
This is a fitness and social/activity program for people with early symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia to enjoy with a friend of family member.
For information or to register, please call 604-541-2199 or drop in for a visit this Monday, Sept. 21, and check out the activities.
• National Seniors Day is Thursday, Oct. 1, and the City of White Rock and CARP have a special day planned at the White Rock Community Centre to celebrate and thank seniors for their contributions to the community.
From 2-4 p.m. enjoy entertainment by Elvis, selfies with his pink Cadillac, refreshments, beer tasting and door prizes.
Please RSVP to Denice at 604-538-5778.
• The Kent Street Players is the centre’s newest activity group and is already busy working on their first production.
This group meets Mondays from 12:15-3:15 p.m. and welcomes all new members.
The group plans to present a one-act play, three times a year, and participants can become involved in many different ways from being on stage, helping with set design and more. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Cribbage & Bid Whist players meet Thursday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. in the Kent Street Auditorium.
This enthusiastic and friendly group always welcomes new members for an afternoon of fun.
Remember, you can come and try out this activity group three times before becoming a paid member.
If you enjoy cribbage, don’t forget to get your tickets for the annual Dairy Queen Trophy Crib Tournament on Friday, Sept. 25, 12:45-4 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets are only $5 each and are sold at Crib and Whist on Thursday afternoons and at the Kent Street Centre office.
For more information on the program, please call 604-541-2231.
• Enjoy the sounds of the Silver Stars on stage this week at Kent Street’s Wednesday night dance.
Doors open at 7 p.m. with social dancing until 10:30. Refreshments served midway.
Open to all 50+ dancers, both couples and singles are welcome.
• The Fall Festival of the Arts continues all month long throughout White Rock with music, performances, art exhibitions, multicultural celebrations and more.
For a complete listing of events, please visit www.whiterockcity.ca.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.