The cribbage and bid whist group meets Thursdays from 1-3:15 p.m. all summer long at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
As well, the snooker room is open during regular centre hours.
Kent Street activity groups such as these welcome beginners and experts alike. White Rock Recreation and Culture membership required.
If you are new to the area – or new to 55 – pick up a guest pass from the front desk and enjoy a free visit three times before getting a membership.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information on these and other activities.
• A few seats are still available on the Monday, July 11 day trip to Harrison for a culinary experience with chef Pat, and the Qualicum Beach and Coombs trip with Joy Brown on Wednesday, July 13.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for one of these exciting excursions.
• The White Rock Business Improvement Association in partnership with the City of White Rock is proud to present TD Concerts at the Pier, a free concert series on the waterfront near the White Rock Pier.
Next concert is this Saturday, July 9, featuring Daniel Wesley.
Entertainment begins at 7 p.m.
For more information, visit concertsatthepier.com
• Join chef Pat for a summer Soups and Salads workshop on Saturday, July 16, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Discover easy, simple soups to make from the bounty of summer produce and create amazing salads that can be prepared ahead and enjoyed later.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Is it too hot for you to go outside for a walk and exercise?
Drop in to the gym at the Centre for Active Living.
Passes are only $30/month or 10 passes for $43.
Work out on treadmills, ellipticals, rowing machines, cycles and free weights.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Summer is here and the waterfront is buzzing with activities.
Drop down to enjoy live entertainment from buskers. These performers will be dancing, storytelling, singing and playing a variety of musical instruments.
Enjoy a bite to eat from one of four food carts along the promenade and check out the artists walk, which features local artists displaying their paintings, photography and sculpture.
Check out www.whiterockcity.ca.
• Looking for something free to do with the grandchildren Saturday, July 16?
Drop down to White Rock Elementary from 3-7:30 p.m. and have the three- to six-year-olds take part in a bike parade and the seven- to 10-year-olds participate in a children’s bike race.
Other activities include a bouncy castle, face painting, balloon twisting, Surrey Eagles hockey shoot and much more.
While enjoying this fun family event, catch the sights and sounds of the 37th annual Tour de White Rock Choices Markets Criterium beginning at 4 p.m.
For more information, call 604-541-2199. Or visit www.tourdewhiterock.ca
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For info, call 604-541-2231.