Watch for a copy of the White Rock Winter Recreation Guide in Wednesday’s Peace Arch News.
You can also view it online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
Start the New Year off with a fresh start; get active and involved at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
By purchasing a membership for the year, you have access to a variety of wonderful activity groups, as well as discounts off of registered programs.
All activity groups will resume the first week of January. Drop in for a coffee and delicious snack in our coffee shop and check out the centre’s busy schedule.
• Drop in to Stretch and Strength over the holiday season. Strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.
Next class is Dec. 31, 9 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Learn to use your sewing machine at a five-week Refresher Sewing Workshop beginning Thursday Jan. 28, 7-9 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• A few seats are still available on two fabulous excursions at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Visit the Seattle Art Museum on Wednesday, Jan. 6 and view one of the finest collections of French Impressionism in the world.
Head down to the Orpheum on Thursday, Jan. 7 for Tea & Trumpets. Enjoy some of the greatest classical music inspired by myths and legends from around the world.
To register, call 604-541-2199.
• There will be a special one-hour Silver Blades Holiday Skate at Centennial Arena on Dec. 31 at 10:15 a.m.
Call your friends and drop in for a fun morning of exercise. Skate and helmet rentals available.
For a complete listing of holiday skates, call 604-541-2171.
• Check it Out Saturday, Jan. 2. This Fitness and Your Health event will be held at the Cardio Gym at the Centre for Active Living.
Free drop-in; meet the trainers; healthy-living program information and fitness class demonstrations will take place between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Tuesday afternoon bingo resumes at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Jan. 5, 1-3 p.m.
By keeping your eyes peeled for the winning numbers, you are trying your chance at good fortune and keeping your mind active.
A short break halfway through the games gives you a chance to enjoy coffee, tea, or delicious fresh baking from the coffee shop while socializing with your fellow bingo players.
Come early and enjoy a nourishing, tasty lunch at the Kent Street Coffee Shop.
• On Friday, Jan. 1 take a walk or drive down to the beach and enjoy the festivities of the 46th annual Polar Bear Swim.
Feeling brave enough to take a dip in the ocean? The swim begins at noon sharp.
Hot chocolate, coffee and hot dogs will be for sale after the swim.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.