The Kent Street Activity Centre is currently closed for annual maintenance and clean-up, reopening on Tuesday Aug. 4 at 8:30 a.m.
The friendly staff at the White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre will be happy to assist you with program registrations and inquiries at 604-541-2199.
• Playing Chinese Mah Jong has become a popular social activity. The White Rock Community Centre has a drop-in Mah Jong play time on Mondays from 1-3 p.m. for those players who are able to count their hand. A White Rock Recreation and Culture membership required. For more information call 604-541-2199.
• Kent Street Centre has a lot of activities to fill your calendar this summer.
There are activities every day of the week, from snooker to table tennis, carpet bowling, cards, acting club and Spanish conversation.
Plus, more activity groups return in September, including bingo, choir, computer club, social dances, stitch and chat, sing along and woodcarving.
If you are new to the area, stop into the Kent Street Centre for a look around and pick up a guest pass.
• The Langendorfer Mandolin Orchestra from Germany will be performing at the First United Church in White Rock on Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 7:30 p.m.
These very talented young musicians are not to be missed. Adults $10, students/seniors $8.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The Kent Street Dining Club will be meeting for lunch on July 28 at Bin 101.
To join them, call 604-541-2199 to find out the name and number of this month’s event hostess.
• The White Rock Business Improvement Association in partnership with the City of White Rock is proud to present TD Concerts at the Pier, a new summer free concert series on the waterfront near the White Rock Pier.
The next concert is this Saturday, July 25, featuring Gary Comeau & the Voodoo Allstars. Entertainment begins at 7 p.m. For more information visit concertsatthepier.com
• In two years, Canada is turning 150!
The City of White Rock invites you to join them on Wednesday, July 22 at 7 p.m at the White Rock Community Centre to attend a brainstorming session to determine what the celebration in White Rock could look like. Please try to attend and share your vision and ideas. RSVP by emailing email@example.com
Are you an experienced Nordic walker who enjoys walking with others and exploring new locations?
The Nordic Stride Club meets three times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) at various locations. White Rock Recreation and Culture membership required. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.