The Dining Club is one of the activity groups at the Kent Street Centre. This social and friendly group enjoys going out for lunch together the last Tuesday of every month.
New members are welcome to join them at Ricky’s restaurant, 2160 King George Blvd., at 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 31. Call 604-541-2231.
• Feel energized, look healthier and feel better at Boomer Fit Drop In. A perfect blend of aerobics, strength training and stretching for adults 50+. Classes on Mondays 3:45-4:45 p.m. and Thursdays 4-5 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
• The next Senior Driving workshop will be held on Thursday, Feb. 2, 9-11 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing, this workshop will help you assess your driving skills and habits as well as update your knowledge of vehicle safety features. Call 604-541-2199.
• Traditional Dance for 55+ is a moderately paced class that will get you moving while learning traditional female dances from around the world. Improve your posture, co-ordination and fitness level; this 10-session program at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Friday evenings is appropriate for dancers of all levels. Register now by calling 604-541-2199.
• On Thursday, Feb. 2, 11:45 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, discover the joy of dancing with others and learn traditional circle dances at a free trial class.
If you enjoy music, laughter and fun, this will be a perfect fit for you. Why not invite a friend? Call 604-541-2199.
• Everyone should know how to perform CPR. On Saturday, Feb. 11, from noon to 4 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, learn CPR techniques and basic first aid for both adults and children. Receive a St. John Ambulance certification upon completion of the class. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you a fit older adult looking to build your stamina and endurance? Sign up now at 604-541-2199 for an interval-training fit camp designed just for you, on Mondays, from 3:30-4:30 p.m., beginning Jan. 30 at the White Rock Community Centre.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.