Don’t miss this intimate opportunity to see the RCMP Musical Ride on July 26 at Semiahmoo Park.
Gates open at 5:30 p.m., with a pre-show at 6:30 p.m. followed by the pomp and ceremony of the mounted troop at 7:15. Seating is outdoors, with room and access for wheelchairs.
Purchase your tickets at Kent Street, White Rock Community Centre, Centennial Park Leisure Centre or online at https://tickets.surrey.ca
Free shuttle service is available from Centennial Park from 5 p.m.
• Computers provide a great way to open up the world around you, exposing new learning opportunities.
Embrace these advances by signing up for two fascinating courses: Computer-Blogging Just for the Fun of It and Computer-Twitter Basics.
Do you like to write? If you would like to share a hobby or passion you are excited about with the world, start blogging.
Learn what a template is, how to write a personal profile, how to share your blog and much more.
At the end of the class you will have a working blog of your own.
Learn how you can follow celebrities and interesting people through Twitter and keep abreast of their updates. Gain knowledge of how to tweet yourself and learn a new way to connect with the world.
Call 604-541-2199 for info.
• Do you enjoy playing bridge? Check out the many different kinds of bridge groups we offer:
1. (Unsanctioned) Duplicate Bridge Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. at Centennial Arena, welcomes all experienced players with a partner.
2. Fun bridge Wednesdays from 1-3 p.m. at Kent Street, is good for those players who have recently learned the game and would like some practice.
3. Contract Bridge, Tuesdays from 1-3:30 p.m. at WRCC, and Sundays from 1-4 at KSAC is for advanced players.
4. Partners Bridge, Fridays 7-9:30 p.m. at Centennial Arena, welcomes all advanced level players. A White Rock Leisure Services annual membership is required to join. Call 604-541-2231 for information.
• Balance Class 65+ a three-week program starts Aug. 13.
Do you want to feel more confident in leading a physically active life? We will show you how to gain the body strength you need to improve and maintain your ability to balance and the self assurance to move with ease through daily routines.
Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays, start time at 9:45 or 10:45 a.m. Classes held at the Centre for Active Living at Centennial Park; pre-registration required; call 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.