Be sure to keep your eye out for the Winter Leisure Guide.
Chock full of activities and programs, it will be available online at http://webreg.whiterockcity.ca for viewing as of this Thursday, Nov. 21.
Print copies will also be available starting Nov. 22 at any City of White Rock facility.
Member registration day is Monday, Nov. 25, and non-member registration starts Nov. 27.
Classes fill up quickly, so don’t hesitate to visit the White Rock Community Centre, Centennial Arena or Kent Street Activity Centre and pick up a copy later this week.
• If you are wondering what level your hearing is at, there is a free hearing test clinic at Kent Street on Nov. 20.
As space is limited, be sure to pre-book your appointment at 604-541-2231.
• Do you have Type 2 diabetes or are at risk for diabetes and have been told to include exercise in your daily routine?
Fit with Diabetes is the class for you.
Conducted by a Fraser Health exercise specialist, come prepared to participate in this interactive class and learn how much exercise you need, how to get started and how to keep it going.
Classes are held at the Centre for Active Living on three consecutive Fridays, starting Nov. 22, from noon to 2 p.m.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• It is that time of year again when we have our annual general meeting at Kent Street.
All members are invited to attend on Monday, Nov. 25, at 2:30 p.m.
This is a great opportunity to support the centre, find out what is happening and participate in the elections. Complimentary refreshments provided.
• Pull up a chair and join Maggie Rodgers for a colourful and entertaining travel presentation on Barcelona on Nov. 28 at 1:30 p.m.
Reserve your seat at the White Rock Community Centre gallery by calling 604-541-2199. Refreshments included.
• A few tickets are still available for the Kent Street Chorister’s Come in Peace Concert, presented at the White Rock First United Church.
Enjoy beautiful songs and welcome the Christmas season with warmth on Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15, children under 12 are free.
• Now is the time to purchase your membership for 2014.
Come to any of our Leisure Facilities, or call 604-541-2199 to renew.
This will give you access to all of the activity groups here at Kent Street. Yyou can also enjoy early registration and discount rates off of registered programs, which can be viewed in our White Rock Leisure Guide.
Sign up today, the benefits are endless!
• Kent Street offers a variety of activity groups for members to enjoy.
Have you ever played table tennis? This sport is lively, fun and a great way to meet new people.
Learn how to score points and keep the ball moving Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at Kent Street.
Call 604-541-2231 today to become a White Rock Leisure Services member and join.
Beginners and experts welcome.
• The Kent Street Wednesday night dance committee welcomes Cheek to Cheek on stage this week at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets sold at the door. Singles, couples 50+ welcome,.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing 7:30-10:30.
• The next set of Osteofit classes start Dec, 2 at 2 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living.
Osteofit 1 and Osteofit for Life offer a safe and effective program designed for those with osteoporosis.
Exercise can help to reduce the rate of bone loss and can help strengthen muscles and improve balance, thereby reducing the risk of falls and fractures.
Education about osteoporosis prevention and treatment is provided within the program.
Meet others while participating in a social and physical activity!
• Silver Blades 50+ skate at Centennial Arena has started.
Drop in on Wednesdays and Fridays, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Skate and helmet rental and skate sharpening are available.
Call the skating info line at 604-541-2171 for more public skating times.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.