The White Rock Recreation and Culture Winter 2017 Recreation Guide will be available online and at all recreation and culture facilities on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
Check out the amazing programs and get ready to register Friday, Nov. 25 ( for members) and Nov. 30 (for non-members), either by phone, in person or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Don’t forget to renew your White Rock Recreation and Culture membership today and take advantage of early-winter registration, reduced fees on your favourite programs and membership in various clubs and activities. An adult annual membership is only $38.
• There are still a few seats available on the Harrison River Eagle Tour, Monday Nov. 21.
In the comfort of a heated boat, explore Harrison River, view hundreds of bald eagles and enjoy a delicious lunch and tour at the Kilby historic site. Don’t delay – call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Minds in Motion is a weekly exercise class held at the Kent Street Activity Centre, followed by a social/activity time for people with early symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia. The program is offered by staff and volunteers at the Alzheimer Society of BC. Call 604-541-2199 to get the details on attending a trial class prior to registering. The next eight-week session starts Nov. 14.
• The Kent Street Players present A Christmas Carol on Saturday, Nov. 26 at 2 p.m. in the Kent Street Activity Centre auditorium. Tickets are only $5 and include light refreshments. Drop into the centre to purchase your tickets before they sell out.
• Bridge game anyone?
White Rock Recreation and Culture hosts numerous bridge groups at three recreation centres for all levels of play.
For dates, times and locations pick up a recreation and culture guide or call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• See you tomorrow tonight (Wednesday) at the Kent Street Activity Centre for a night of social dancing to the great sounds of Good Vibrations, on stage in the Kent Street auditorium located at 1475 Kent St. The doors open at 7 p.m. with dancing from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
The event is open to singles and couples aged 50-plus, and includes refreshments at the break. A fun night out for only $7 (for members) and $6 (non-member price).
• Head down to the White Rock Museum and Archives and learn about the history of White Rock at war through the museum’s collection and archival material.
This exhibition is on display until Nov. 13. For more information call 604-541-2221 or visit whiterockmuseum.ca
• Please note that all White Rock recreation and culture facilities including the Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Friday, Nov. 11, respectfully for Remembrance Day.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.