Did you know that the Kent Street Activity Centre hosts dances every Wednesday night in the auditorium?
Bring a friend or come on your own for a night of social dancing to the great sounds of a variety of bands.
This week, the Quartette will be on stage. Doors open at 7 p.m. with social dancing from 7:30-10:30. Only $7, or pay only $6 if you have a membership.
• On the third Saturday of each month, Kent Street Activity Centre hosts a dinner/dance.
The dance committee welcomes Sweet Water to the next dinner dance on Nov. 19.
Get your tickets early. Only $22, or $20 for members.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop is looking for volunteers to help with food preparation and general kitchen duties.
If you have a few daytime hours to share and enjoy interacting with older adults, please call 604-541-2231.
• The next show in the Get Reel Film Series at the White Rock Community Centre is on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m. and is called The Dress Maker.
The story is based in 1950s Australia and follows a beautiful, talented dressmaker named Tilly who returns to her tiny hometown to right wrongs from her past.
To purchase tickets for this film, which has been curated at the Toronto International Film Festival, call 604-541-2199.
• Are you currently learning Spanish and looking for a place to converse with others?
Every Thursday, from 10-11 a.m., the Spanish Conversation Group meets in the Kent Street Centre library to chat in Spanish in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information and pick up a guest pass from the office that will let you try out an activity before purchasing a membership.
• Drop in one day and visit the cozy Kent Street library.
White Rock Recreation and Culture members are invited to take out a book or two anytime the centre is open and return it at their convenience when they are finished.
This lending library has a large array of books sure to meet many interests and tastes.
• On Tuesday, Nov. 1, 7-8:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, learn about the life of Vincent Van Gogh.
Through a lively discussion and amazing photos, learn about Van Gogh’s struggles and how he became the artist we all recognize today.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this presentation at White Rock Community Centre.
• Learn about energy fields, chakras, grounding and sensing energy at an Energy Healer Sampler workshop.
If you have always wondered about what energy healing is, this is the perfect class for you.
Enjoy demonstrations and learn hands-on techniques on Thursday, Nov. 3, 1-3:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Discover tools and techniques to deal with challenges and feel better.
Address both the mind and the body through a combination of cognitive skills, healing physical movements and guided visualizations.
You will learn to become calmer and experience a greater sense of peace.
This Healing Anxiety workshop will be held on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.