White Rock Leisure Services is offering a mature-driving workshop scheduled for Oct. 20.
Reduce your risk and refine your driving with knowledge from this free informative class. Call 604-541-2199 for more information and to register for the workshop.
• You will enjoy Gary Karlsen’s travel presentation of France and Spain, whether you want to learn more about these countries or are making a decision to travel to that part of the world.
This travelogue will include historical information, local food and drink, language, culture and travel tips.
France’s tour will include Dordogne, Carcassonne and Roquefort and Spain’s will include Granada, Alhambra Palace and Salvador Dali museums.
The three-session program begins Oct. 14, 1-2:30 p.m. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Everyone has a life story worth telling, and it’s never too late or too early to tell it.
Whether it’s a whole life autobiography or a slice-of-life memoir, our lives take on greater meaning as we contribute to a legacy of history, heritage and understanding.
Learn how to Write your Life Story and Memoirs at the White Rock Community Centre, beginning Oct. 7, 7-9 p.m.
• White Rock Community Centre is offering an understanding email course, starting Oct. 6 and running for two weeks.
Learn about different e-mail providers, multiple e-mail accounts, creating and formatting, contacts and adding and saving pictures.
To register call 604-541-2199.
• Drop down for free smoothie days at the Centre for Active Living.
Every Friday from 12-1 p.m. there will be free fruit smoothies and healthy lifestyle information. Come in for a healthy treat!
Space is limited. Call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot.
• There are some great new drop-in fitness options at White Rock Leisure Services.
The group-fitness pass can be used for total-body workout, cardio gym, bootcamp, stretch and strength, workout lite, gentle fit and keep fit.
The new “ZYPN” pass can be used for zumba, yoga, pilates, and nia classes (space permitting on registered classes).
As well, there is a monthly cardio gym pass, and a monthly “one pass.” So many options for keeping fit and healthy!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.