Fall registration opens to non-members of White Rock Recreation & Culture tomorrow (Wednesday).
Adding convenience and service for new and returning participants, you can register online starting at 7 a.m.
Phone and in-person registration opens at 8:30 a.m. at all White Rock Recreation centres.
• Did you receive your Fall Recreation Guide in the Peace Arch News?
Have a browse through the guide and fill your fall calendar with an exciting variety of activities from fitness, dance, the outdoors, art, travel and wellness.
The recreation guide is available online now at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Local lawyer Al Benson will be at Kent Street to help low-income seniors 65+ with legal queries and problems on Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 9:30 a.m.
Call ahead to book an appointment time at 604-541-2231.
• The ever-popular Fresh and Lively Luncheons resume Friday, Sept. 11, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
This is a perfect opportunity to socialize and enjoy an afternoon of entertainment. Tickets are $7 including lunch.
For more information and to make a reservation, contact Come Share Seniors Support Services at 604-531-9400.
• The Kent Street Choristers will be resuming rehearsals on Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 9 a.m.
This activity group is accepting new members. Small audition required.
Call the centre at 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Experience the magic of kayaking on beautiful Boundary Bay.
The course includes all equipment and instruction and is on Saturday, Aug. 29, 9 a.m to 4 p.m.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Langendorfer Mandolin Orchestra are a talented group of young musicians from Germany who will be performing at the First United Church, 15385 Semiahmoo Ave. tonight at 7:30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the White Rock Community Centre or by phone 604-541-2199.
A special event you won’t want to miss!
• The Kent Street dance committee welcomes you back from the summer break tomorrow night (Aug. 26) for some social dancing to live music.
Singles and couples aged 50-plus are welcome.
Doors open at 7 p.m. with dancing from 7:30-10:30.
Refreshments served midway.
This week’s featured band is G7.
• Don’t forget that a White Rock Recreation & Culture Membership for 2015 is available for half price for the remainder of the year.
If you are new to the area or new to the age of 55 and are interested in joining activities at Kent Street Activity Centre, this is the ideal time to join and try out a variety of activity groups, reduced course fees on programs and daytrips as well as early registration privileges.
• Many of the Kent Street Activity Groups will be returning from the summer break the week of Sept. 8,, including the Kent Street Coffee Shop.
Still one of the best deals in town, drop in with friends or meet some new ones while enjoying a coffee and muffin, soup or sandwich or one of our hot lunch specials of the week.
The kitchen is always looking for volunteer help, so if you have a few hours to spare during the week, please drop into the centre and pick up a volunteer application form.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.