You are never too old to head down to Kent Street Activity Centre and join one of our 16 different activity groups.
Snooker player extraordinaire Roy Anderson turned 97 this week and celebrated with his friends at the centre.
Try out three activities before purchasing a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership.
Three-month memberships are available now for only $18.50. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Last call to get tickets for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Bridge luncheon on Friday, Sept. 30.
Register with a partner and enjoy a delicious lunch followed by an afternoon of contract bridge.
Only a few tickets left and are available at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre, and Centennial Park offices. No tickets at the door.
Call 604-541-2231 for information.
• Local lawyer Al Benson will be at the Kent Street Activity Centre to help low income seniors 65+ with legal queries and problems on Wednesday Oct. 5 at 9:30 a.m.
Call 604-541-2231 to book an appointment.
• For many seniors, a favourite thing to do at the centre is to go on an excursion.
A variety of destinations and experiences are offered, and travel is a comfortable 22 passenger minibus.
A big reason why these trips are so successful and enjoyed by many is due to the amazing volunteer drivers that ensure participants get to their destinations in a timely and safe manner with a whole lot of fun and laughter along the way.
Kent Street Activity Centre is looking for more drivers to add to the current team. If you hold a Class 4 driver’s license, and enjoy driving and helping and interacting with older adults and have some time to share, call 604-541-2236.
• On Saturday, Oct, 1, 10 a.m. till 1 p.m., come spend a few hours learning how to cook some delicious food you would find in a French Bistro. Roasted tomato and fennel soup, Nicoise salad and mussel and tarte Tatin are just a few of the scrumptious dishes you will create in the Kent Street kitchen.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you enjoy a game of luck and chance?
Then drop down to the Kent Street Activity Centre for a social, fun afternoon of Bingo Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m. If you don’t feel like playing the game but have a few hours to spare on Tuesday afternoons, this activity group is always looking for Bingo callers, so why not lend a helping hand?
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Don’t forget this Saturday is National Seniors Day.
CARP (a new vision of aging for Canada) and the City of White Rock present a Salute to Seniors on Oct. 1, 2-4 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Meet MP Dianne Watts and other elected representatives plus enjoy fabulous entertainers with hits by Patsy Cline, Patti Page, Connie Francis, Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Tom Jones. Enjoy refreshments, door prizes and more.
To register for this free event, please RSVP Denice at 604-538-5778.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.