With the onset of colder weather, it is more important than ever to stay active.
Register now for fitness classes starting in January, such as Get Up and Go 65-plus, Stretch and Strength 55-plus, Keep Fit for 60-plus and Cardio Circuit 55-plus.
Wherever you are on the fitness/wellness scale, we have a class for you. For detailed information about our health and wellness programs, refer to the Winter Recreation Guide available at Kent Street or any White Rock Recreation and Culture facilities, or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• December is drop-in month for stretch-and-strength class.
This one-hour fitness class will strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.
Purchase a fitness pass and drop in for the month of December to any class. Sessions are Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. at the Kent Street Centre; Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 a.m.; or 10:15 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre; or Tuesdays, 3:45 p.m., at the White Rock Community Centre.
For more information, call 604-541-2199.
• Feeling the stress of the holiday season?
Treat your body and mind to a deeply relaxing class of restorative yoga. All levels welcome.
Classes are set for Monday, Dec. 14, 7-9 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, and Tuesday, Dec. 29, also 7-9 p.m., at the Kent Street Centre.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Time to get outside and enjoy the snow on a snowshoe day-trip for adults 50-plus.
Experienced leaders will guide you on a snowshoeing trek. Transportation is provided. Snowshoe rentals are available. Trips are scheduled for a series of Tuesdays – Dec. 8, 15 and 22. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Explore pubic art in White Rock with a self-guided map available at all recreation centres.
Enjoy the uptown walking route or explore public art along the waterfront.
How many works of art can you find?
• Drop in to the White Rock Museum and Archives’ Christmas craft fair on the promenade until Dec. 22.
Find a wonderful selection of Christmas gifts for every member of the family. Call 604-541-2221 for more information.
• If you have grandchildren visiting over the holidays, consider taking them to a Holiday Break skate at Centennial Arena between Dec. 21 and Jan. 3.
Each day has a different holiday theme. Call the arena’s info line, 604-541-2171, for skate days and times.
• Come enjoy the tunes of Good Vibrations at this week’s Wednesday night dance.
Tickets at the door are $6 for members and $7 for non-members. Singles 50-plus are welcome, and doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.