Many activities at the Kent Street Activity Centre are taking a holiday break, however, the snooker room remains open during centre hours, as well as carpet bowling, bridge and table tennis.
These activity groups will carry on their regular schedule outside of the statutory holidays.
• Have you always wanted to learn Spanish but didn’t know where to start?
Beginner Spanish with instructor Carlos Rabago will start Jan. 26, 12:30-1:30 p.m., at Kent Street Activity Centre.
This six-session course will get you started on basic conversational in a supportive, informal setting.
Kent Street Centre members can practise and refine their newly developed skills in the Conversational Spanish drop-in group held Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. in Kent Street library.
• Music for relaxation and stress reduction focuses on meditation and relaxation.
Learn breathing exercises, guided meditation and self-guided mediation through the experience of a live-music program. This six-session program begins on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 7-8 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Get familiar with how to use your iPad at a two-session program starting Friday, Jan. 13 at White Rock Community Centre.
Explore iPad settings, keyboard techniques, folder creation and Apple ID and iCloud. Learn simple photo editing, backing up your iPad and much more. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• With the winter blast of weather we have been getting in the Lower Mainland, it is time to start thinking about exploring the beautiful outdoors. Snowshoe Light is a perfect program for the beginner.
Join us for a two-hour snowshoe walk in scenic trails with a minimal elevation gain. Instruction is provided. A variety of dates is available throughout the winter season. Next trip is Monday, Jan. 9. Transportation is provided. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Enjoy a fun night out listening and dancing to the great tunes of Good Vibrations at the last Wednesday night dance for the year. Singles 50+ welcome.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing 7:30-10:30. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.