Did you know the City of White Rock features over 80 acres of parkland?
Enjoy the majestic views from hillside walkways, a quiet family barbecue at Bayview Park or an evening stroll along the picturesque promenade.
Information and maps are available at www.whiterockcity.ca, White Rock Library, city hall or at any of the White Rock recreation centres.
* An Abstract Acrylic Painting class will be offered Friday, Aug. 7, 10 a.m. to 2: 30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Beginners to advanced students are welcome and all supplies are included.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The White Rock Business Improvement Association in partnership with the City of White Rock is proud to present the last TD free concert of the summer.
The Matinee performs Saturday, Aug. 8 at 7 p.m. at the White Rock pier.
For more information visit concertsatthepier.com
• You are invited to come and play at the monthly cribbage tournament on Friday, Aug. 28 at the Kent Street Centre from 12:45-4 p.m. in the auditorium.
The cost is just $4 at the door. Please bring a partner.
While you are there, don’t forget to pick up your tickets for next month’s big cribbage event – the annual Dairy Queen Trophy Tournament Friday on Sept. 25.
• The city’s water is supplied to residents by a private organization, Epcor.
Information and updates on water restrictions and conservation for the City of White Rock is available on epcor.com
Epcor will update their site every Monday, and White Rock is still at seasonal Stage 1 level water restrictions.
• This year’s White Rock Sea Festival is going to be the best one yet.
The White Rock Events Society is proud to present the 66th annual White Rock Sea Festival – Friday, July 31 to Sunday, Aug. 2.
Bring the grandchildren down to the beach for a kids’ sandcastle contest, sand soccer, torchlight parade, fresh-air cinema, fireworks and more.
Check out whiterockseafestival.com for more information.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre remains closed for annual maintenance and cleanup, reopening on Tuesday, Aug. 4 at 8:30 a.m.
The friendly staff at the White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre will be happy to assist you with program registrations and inquiries at 604-541-2199.
• All Recreation and Culture facilities will be closed on Monday, Aug. 3 for B.C. Day. They will re-open on Tuesday, Aug. 4.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.