The Kent Street Seniors Society invites you to a berry special afternoon.
The popular Kent Street Strawberry Tea is on Saturday, June 11 at 2 p.m. Tickets are only $6, so sign up now and gather your friends for a pleasant social afternoon of entertainment and a delicious strawberry dessert.
No tickets available on event day. Register by calling 604-541-2231 or visit any White Rock city recreation and culture facility.
• The Star of the Sea Hall’s Soup Kitchen has been unable to operate due to some damage from the Ocean Ridge apartment fire.
The first two Tuesdays in June, the Kent Street Activity Centre kitchen staff and volunteers have offered to help the soup kitchen by hosting their own Community Kitchen from 4-6 p.m. in the auditorium.
Enjoy a delicious, hot meal by donation. For more information call 604-541-2231.
• If you are looking for a new activity that offers mild exercise, a bit of friendly competition and great socializing, consider carpet bowling at Kent Street Activity Centre.
This popular indoor, scaled-down version of lawn bowling can be learned in a few minutes, and members can be playing on a team their first time out. Equipment is provided by the centre.
Come try out carpet bowling three times before becoming a paid member. This activity group plays all summer long Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:45 a.m. till noon.
For more information, call 604-541-2231.
• Calling all seniors with a balance or mobility impairment (using a cane, walker, or wheelchair).
On June 8 the next Get Up and Go program begins at the White Rock Community Centre.
Enjoy exercise that will help to improve strength, balance, and functional ability. Gain independence and quality of life.
Call 604-541-2199 for referral information and to register.
• Movement for Fitness is a gentle exercise program that includes some cardio and strength training, and no floor work.
Exercises can also be done seated. Improve your health and well-being in this program that begins Friday, June 10, 1:15 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Three cheers for volunteers!
Kent Street volunteers enjoyed an afternoon of great food, fabulous entertainment and recognition at a circus-themed appreciation lunch on May 27.
We can’t thank our volunteers enough for all they do!
A special thanks to these local businesses who donated many wonderful door prizes.
• Good Vibrations will be playing at the Kent Street Wednesday night dance from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Tickets at the door at 7. Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.