Calling all thespians and aspiring actors.
Join the White Rock Community Theatre Group for the opportunity to entertain in one-act plays.
Evening classes start Sept. 10. No experience required – just enthusiasm and the desire to perform for an audience.
Learn the essentials of acting and other branches of the theatre, like makeup and wardrobe, in this fun and creative group.
A White Rock Leisure Service membership is required and is half price for the balance of this year.
Director/instructor Monica Marko attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York and has appeared in numerous films, series, commercials and stage productions in the U.S. and Canada.
Call 604-541-2199 for details and to register.
• Middle Eastern Dance for senior women builds flexibility, enhances cardiovascular fitness, improves posture and promotes self-esteem in eight gently-paced, fun-filled sessions, starting Sept. 15 at 11 a.m. at Kent Street Activity Centre.
To register call 604-541-2199.
• If you have arthritis, consider attending the Gentle Yoga for Arthritis course starting next week at the Centre for Active Living.
Discover the benefits of gentle yoga in a class designed specifically for participants with mild arthritis. Learn how to increase feelings of positivity and well-being for pain management in a safe and compassionate environment.
Call to register at 604-541-2199.
• Spanish Beginner and Level 2 classes are being offered at the White Rock Community Centre and Kent Street Activity Centre starting Sept. 15.
Expand your basic conversational Spanish repertoire in an informal relaxed setting with Carlos Rabago, an experienced instructor and travel guide.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• What are you doing to improve your driving skills and reduce risk?
Co-sponsored by BCAA and Community Policing, WRLS’s free Mature Driving Workshops will help you self-assess your driving skills and habits, and update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations.
Call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot in the Sept. 24 class at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Introductory computer lessons offered at the Kent Street Centre and White Rock Community Centre fill up fast.
Classes include Introduction to Computers level 1 & 2, Using iPad, Understanding Email, and Microsoft Word.
A White Rock Leisure Services Membership is a pre-requisite.
Register today for classes starting in October.
• Enjoy the sounds of Good Vibrations live on stage this Wednesday (Sept. 10) at Kent Street.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing from 7:30-10:30.
Open to all 50-plus. Couples and singles are welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.