Don’t miss the 34th annual Tour de White Rock coming up July 12-14.
There are many great vantage points to watch the excitement, as world-class cyclists compete in our own back yard.
Sure to thrill any spectator: the Friday night hill climb, Saturday afternoon criterium and on Sunday morning the weekend wraps up with the renowned Peace Arch News waterfront road race, which takes cyclists through White Rock’s hilly seaside.
Spectators can watch the action along Marine Drive, with the exciting finish above the pier.
Park at Centennial Arena on July 14 and take a free shuttle to the beach every 20 minutes from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Visit www.tourdewhiterock.ca for more information on each day’s events.
• If you have grandchildren in tow this weekend, plan to stop in to the Tour de White Rock Family Fun Zone on Saturday, July 13, 2:30-5 p.m., at the White Rock Elementary grounds.
There will be family activities for all ages including a bike parade and, for eight-12 year olds, a bike race on the criterium route. Plus you can meet BC Superweek cycling ambassadors.
Call 604-541-2199 if you would like more information.
• Discover the best sightseeing Washington State has to offer, featuring Deception Pass, Chuckanut Drive and Whidbey Island on our Washington State excursion July 23.
See awe-inspiring views from the towering bridge that spans the pass and visit the charming, picturesque, small waterfront town of Langley on the southern end of Whidbey Island.
Complete the day with a scenic ferry ride through Possession Sound from Clinton to Mukilteo Landing. Call 604-541-2231.
• Take advantage of the stunning weather and join us for Theatre Under the Stars in beautiful Stanley Park July 24.
The feature, Legally Blonde, will be performed, based on the uplifting, popular film about sorority girl Elle Woods and her little dog, Bruiser. The pair take Harvard Law School by storm, learning a few things about love and life along the way.
Dinner can be enjoyed in Stanley Park as well. Call 604-541-2231 to book your seat on the bus.
• If you are feeling as though your culinary menu is stagnant, sign up for one of our informative cooking classes in the Kent Street kitchen.
Learn how to create simple recipes with simple ingredients during our Afternoon in Greece session on July 13. Cook dishes with fresh herbs in our herb garden session July 20. Or discover ways to make easy Italian dishes July 27 at our Lunch on the Mediterranean culinary class.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Discover a great new way to get fit during our Stand Up Paddle Boarding class.
Improve muscle strength, refresh your mind and take in the ocean views while learning basic techniques to get you started.
Course begins July 13. Call 604-541-2199 for information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.