Come for an entertaining afternoon of scenes from some of your favorite plays.
Join us for a Theatre Variety Show put on by the Drama Group Saturday, June 22, at 2:30 p.m. in the Kent Street auditorium.
Admission is by donation at the door.
• Sweetwater will be playing at the Kent Street Wednesday night dance this week from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets at the door at 7 p.m. Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome.
• Looking to enhance your cardiovascular stamina?
Come join us in our state-of-the-art gym at the Centre for Active Living for our Cardio Circuit for 55+ Multi-Level class.
Strengthen and tone your body and burn calories with this fun, dynamic workout. Program starts June 26. Please call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you have attended our Stretch and Strength 55+ Level 1 class before, sign up today for our Stretch and Strength 55+ Level 2 session, which uses light weights and resistance bands to build up your flexibility and strength.
Various times offered at the end of June, find a slot that works for you and keep your body healthy and happy. Call 604-541-2199.
• Do you enjoy bridge in the company of friends?
If so, be sure to bring a partner and join our (unsanctioned) Duplicate Bridge activity group every Wednesday from 1-4 p.m. at Centennial Arena. Become a White Rock Leisure Services annual member and you can play to your heart’s content. Call 604-541-2231 for information.
• Feeling intimidated by your new camera?
Sign up for our Photography-How to Use a Digital Camera course July 4 and learn about the camera’s automatic modes, settings and how to compose pictures.
Then, venture out on July 6 for our Photo-Walks and Talks class during sunset at the pier. Capture the late evening light, the sunset and the lights on Marine Drive. The creative possibilities are endless. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Learn to cook from your own backyard in our Herb Garden Cooking class July 20.
Herbs from Kent Street Centre’s garden will be used to demonstrate how to make delicious dishes, including rosemary chicken, carrot dill soup, minty new potatoes and more.
Enjoy the full flavors of fresh ingredients. Also, learn the tricks to making delicious Greek food in our Evening in Greece Cooking class July 13.
Create simple recipes, such as hummus, tzatziki, kataifi pie, Agean-flavored chicken and roasted lemon potatoes with simple ingredients. Call 604-541-2199 to register for one or both of these mouth-watering courses.
• Please take note that Kent Street will be closed June 24-29 for maintenance and cleaning.
The building will be closed and activities will not be running.
All WRLS offices will be closed as well on July 1 for Canada Day.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.