The White Rock Irish Festival is in full celebration for the month of March.
This fun festival includes music, poetry, workshops, contests, dancing, food and beverage tasting and more.
Look for event flyers and posters at all White Rock Recreation Centres, or check out www.whiterockcity.ca
• Are you a new member of the Kent Street Activity Centre or thinking of becoming one?
You are invited to the New Members Social on Monday, March 21, 2-3:30 p.m.
Find out about all the exciting activities and programs offered. Call 604-541-2231 to register for this free event.
• White Rock Recreation and Culture’s Spring/Summer Recreation Guide is available to view online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
Registration has started for members and on Thursday, March 17, registration will be open for non-members.
The guide will be available at Recreation Centres today and distributed inside Peace Arch News on Wednesday, March 23.
• There are still a few spots open in the Friday, March 18 iPad Level 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at White Rock Community Centre.
Discover more about your iPad, including creating an Apple ID, learning about setting and default applications, apps and iCloud basics.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you are over 65 and need assistance with completing your income-tax returns, community volunteers are available to help file your tax returns electronically.
This free service is provided to seniors on low income with simple forms. Just drop off your forms at the Kent Street Activity Centre to be E-filed. Returns that do not meet the criteria will be returned unfiled.
If you would prefer to mail your tax return instead of having our volunteers E-file, we have limited one-on-one appointments available on Wednesdays. Call 604-541-2231 for more.
• Stop in and view the fabulous artwork on display at the White Rock Community Centre.
The Bloom Art exhibition showcases 26 artists and runs until April 16 in the gallery and lobby of the centre.
• If you are interested in learning how to play bid whist and cribbage, there is a free workshop for members on April 4 and 11, 1-2 p.m. at Kent Street Activity Centre.
This course is open to White Rock Recreation and Culture members. Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Every Friday afternoon, from 1-3 p.m., you are welcome to join Kent Street Centre’s Stitch & Chat activity group and work on your own needlecraft, knitting or quilting project in the company of others.
This is a great opportunity to socialize and share ideas.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings, 7:30-10:30 p.m., for all those 50+ who enjoy live music, friendly people and social dancing.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and tickets are available at the door.
This week’s live band is the popular Music Variations.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For info, call 604-541-2231.