Do you enjoy woodworking in the company of friends?
Learn new tricks and expand your project repertoire with the Peninsula Woodcarvers, a Kent Street Activity group that meets at the Semiahmoo Secondary wood shop on Tuesdays from 6-9 p.m.
If you are interested in trying out this activity group, come down to the centre and pick up a pass that allows you to try out an activity group three times before purchasing a recreation and culture membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information on this fun and creative group.
• Discover how to cook simple, classic, and delicious food from France in the French Bistro Cooking workshop Saturday, Nov. 5, 10 a.m. -1 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• It is a fact that we carry stress in our head, neck and shoulder area.
On Thursday, Oct. 13, 7-9:30 p.m at the Kent Street Activity Centre find out how to release heavy energy and tension through a simple chair technique that combines energy-healing principles with acupressure and massage. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Register now for a variety of basic computer classes, including ones focusing on Word, Windows 10 and one titled Introduction to Computers. A White Rock recreation and culture membership is required to take these classes, which are to be held at the White Rock Community Centre and the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up.
• Keep Fit 60-plus is a fabulous low-intensity drop-in cardio workout held at Kent Street Activity Centre. Go at your own pace and enjoy the many benefits of this fun workout, held Mondays from 3:45-4:45 p.m. and Thursdays from 4-5 p.m.
Drop-in cost is $5 or pick up a 10-session pass for $45 or a 20-session pass for $80. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The next Encore Peninsula Concert is scheduled for Sunday Oct. 16, 3 p.m. at the White Rock First United Church.
Performing is Antonio Di Cristofano , a pianist of monumental proportion. Music of Schubert, Chopin and Scriabin will be on the program for his debut appearance in Canada. Call 604-541-2199 for ticket information.
• There is no better way to get some exercise than gliding along the ice to great music at the Silver Blades 50-plus skate at Centennial Arena, held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Skate and helmet rentals and skate sharpening are available. Call the skating information line at 604-541-2171 for more public-skating times.
• The Kent Street dance committee welcomes Good Vibrations on stage tonight (Wednesday) at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets sold at the door. Singles and couples 50-plus are welcome. Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.