Offered Mondays, Wednesdays or Friday starting the week of June 13, this class recreates the original moves you loved at a lower-intensity.
Learn easy to follow Zumba choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion and co-ordination.
• Learn how to travel light and still have everything you need. Register now for the Easy Peasy Packing workshop on Friday, June 3 at 10 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
This carry-on-only class is a continuation to the Travel Light course, and will discuss bag sizes, weights, packing options, alternatives to carrying too many liquids and more. Call 604-541-2199
• Join Chef Pat Faulkner for a unique cooking workshop that shows you how to create vegetable garnishes and carvings that will dazzle your guests at your next dinner party.
Learn how to make green onion brushes, carrot flowers, apple swans and more on Tuesday, June 7, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Kent Street Activity Centre.
• Are your food cravings getting the best of you?
If trying to resist acting on them often seems difficult to do, join chartered herbalist and detoxification specialist Jon Ley for a workshop on Tuesday, June 7, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living.
Learn how detoxification can actually reduce and even eliminate your food cravings altogether.
• Do you love to sing? Join the Sing Along group at Kent Street Activity Centre every Tuesday from 2-3:30 p.m. Piano accompaniment and song sheets are provided. This fun group will be sure to keep your spirits high.
• Learn the fundamentals of using a computer at an Introduction to Computers class at the Kent Street Activity Centre beginning Tuesday, June 7, 9:30 a.m. to noon for four sessions.
This is a fabulous course if you don’t own a computer but are thinking or purchasing one, as computers are provided for your use.
A small-class size makes this a comfortable setting for anyone new to learning the computer. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. for all those 50+ who enjoy social dancing to live music.
On stage this week is the New Vintage Band. Purchase tickets at the door; refreshments are served midway.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.