Look up, look waaay up, on July 27, as the Snowbirds are set to grace the White Rock skies.
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds Squadron are Ambassadors to CHILD and will be performing their amazing aerial show over Semiahmoo Bay in White Rock.
For more information on the Snowbirds and other special events in White Rock this summer, check out the City of White Rock Events Calendar at www.city.whiterock.bc.ca
n There is still room on the July 27 Historic Day Trip.
Discover the rich history of Port Moody and its link to the railway, enjoy a lunch at the St. James Well then step back to the 1920s at the Burnaby Village Museum.
The minibus picks up at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Arena at about 9:30 a.m. and returns 4 p.m.
This is a walking tour. For more information or to register, please call 604-541-2231.
• Feeling creative? Come enjoy the Creative Card Making class on Saturday, July 23 from 9:30 a.m. till noon at the White Rock Community Centre.
Learn the art of creating distinctive cards in a fun, easy and inexpensive manner. All supplies are included.
For more information, or to register, call White Rock Leisure Services at 604-541-2199.
• Join us for a day at the PNE.
Highlights include the Dal Richards Orchestra, Superdogs, the marketplace, family theatre, many agricultural attractions and much more.
Date of this unescorted excursion is Wednesday, Aug. 31. To reserve your seat on the minibus, please call 604-541-2199.
• What are you doing to reduce your risk and improve your driving?
Assess your driving skills and habits. Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. Join us for our summer Mature Driving Workshops on July 22 or Aug. 29.
These workshops are free, but you must call to register 604-541-2199.
• Mark your calendars. The Kent Street Activity Centre is closed for maintenance two weeks starting Saturday, July 23 and re-opening Monday, Aug. 8. Staff at the White Rock Community Centre (WRCC) and Centennial Park Leisure Centre (CPLC) will be happy to assist you with any inquiries or registrations. They can be contacted at 604-541-2199.
• Although Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed for maintenance, there are some KSAC bridge groups that meet at other locations.
Experienced players are welcome to partners contract bridge Fridays; 7-9:30 p.m. at CPLC, contact bridge (no partner required) Tuesdays 1-3 p.m. at the WRCC; or duplicate bridge (unsanctioned) Wednesday 1-4 p.m. at CPLC.
• There is a Brown Bag Medication Checkup available after the July 28 informative Home Health Aids Workshop at the White Rock Community Centre.
Learn about the different types of aids that are available to make your life easier at home. You can also bring your medications for a medication review and to answer any drug-related questions.
The workshop is free for members (non-members pay only $5), but please call ahead to sign up 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.