The film Driving Miss Daisy is the latest offering for Tea With the Stars, Wednesday, Nov. 2, 1:30-4 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Bring a friend, come and watch a heartwarming story of true friendship in comfy chairs and enjoy light refreshments.
What better way to spend a fall afternoon for only $5.
Call 604-541-2199 to reserve a spot.
• Are you looking to learn more advanced techniques to enhance your photography skills?
Sign up now for the Wednesday evening Advanced Photography course. Depth of field, advance flash techniques, and technical composition and light will be covered. Instruction provided for both film and digital SLR cameras.
The five-week course starts on Nov. 2 at White Rock Community Centre from 7-9:30 p.m.
Please call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Want to learn about the fluid calming moves in Tai Chi?
The five-session Introduction to Tai Chi, starts Nov. at 10:45 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
A great start to learning one of the most ancient forms of holistic exercise – stretch and strengthen muscles and instill peace and feelings of connection between body, mind and soul.
• One of the greatest gifts we can give to family is our stories.
In the four-session Writing for the Family craft course, you will be guided in your writing and compile your work in a lovely handmade journal. All supplies are included.
First class is Monday, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. at Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
• It’s not too late to learn an Olympic sport.
Sweeping, throwing a rock, and bonspiel will all be new terms that you will learn and love in the Adult Learn to Curl class. All equipment provided and open to adults aged 18+.
This great Sunday afternoon pastime starts Nov. 13 at 1 pm at the Peace Arch Curling Centre, 1475 Anderson St. (right next to Centennial Arena).
Please register at 604-541-2199.
• Fraser Health is offering Drop-in Flu Clinics for seniors 65+ and those with chronic health conditions.
Drop in to Centennial Park Leisure Centre (14600 North Bluff Road) on Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., or Thursday, Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Kent Street Centre clinic is on Monday, Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. No appointment required.
Please contact Fraser Health for other clinics or to make an appointment at their Vine Street location 604-542-4000.
• Mark your calendars. Tickets will be on sale for the Kent Street Mistletoe Dinner starting Nov. 1 – $14 for members, $16 for guests.
The Dec. 1 Mistletoe Dinner is a great way to start your holiday season. Door prizes and fantastic entertainment will get you into the Christmas spirit.
• The Kent Street Computer Club has their weekly Wednesday seminar 12:30-2:30 p.m.
The Nov. 2 topic is Back to Basics. Come and see what you can learn. Memberships to both Leisure Services and Computer Club are required to attend, and both are available at half price.
Check out the website www.whiterockseniorscomputerclub.com
• Kent Street Dance committee welcomes Quartette tomorrow (Wednesday) night at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets sold at the door $4 for members/$5 for non members. Singles welcome.
Bring your tapping toes and be prepared to dance the night away.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with live music playing 7:30-10:30.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.